November 13, 2015
Please Plan to Attend the BCA Annual Meeting on November 17th - Brambleton Corner Clubhouse, 42255 Palladian Blue Terrace, Brambleton, VA. Sign-in begins at 6:45 PM; the meeting will start promptly at 7:00 PM. The purpose of this year's Annual Meeting is to elect two new Directors to the BCA Board, share Association and community information to the membership, and to provide an opportunity after the meeting for residents to ask specific questions of the Association. Online voting is encouraged. See the instructions for voting on our website, as well as profiles for each of the following candidates running for the two Board positions: Shyam Bommakanti, Avinash R. Kota, Joe Parker, Ram Venkat, and Brian Viola.
***Brambleton Kids Care has organized a Thanksgiving food drive to help those in need during the holidays. They will have a box set up at the Annual Meeting to collect donations. More information can be found below. Thank you for your kindness!
Protect Your Property and Watch Out for Your Neighbors – Please take a few minutes to consider how you can prevent crimes of opportunity from impacting you and your neighbors. A few small steps can help to protect your property and to keep Brambleton a safe place to live. Some steps recommended by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office include parking in your garage, keeping valuables out of sight, and locking your doors each and every time. You can help to keep an eye out for your neighbors, too; reach out if you see that their garage door is open late at night or notice suspicious activity. Always call 911 in an emergency; for non-urgent matters 703-777-1021. Find more safety tips and contact information for the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office in their winter Neighborhood Watch Newsletter.
Brambleton Race Traffic on Saturday, November 14th – The Lace Up for Learning 5k will take place tomorrow, November 14th, starting at the Brambleton Town Center. Please be advised that during this time, some of the residential streets will be in use for the 5K race course, especially between the hours of 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM. Police will be stationed along the race route to guide traffic, but please plan extra time in the morning to get to any scheduled activities, as traffic may be slowed to allow runners to pass by. Safety is a primary concern for everyone; thank you for your cooperation! Click here to view a map of the course.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing work on Northstar Blvd. and development in the community, for the week of 11/16/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
Triple Crown Finisher Medal
- If you've already completed two races in the Race Brambleton
series and are signed up to participate in the Lace Up for Learning 5k
tomorrow, November 14th, you qualify to earn a Triple Crown Finisher medal, sponsored by INOVA! Stop by the Race Brambleton tent after you cross the finish line for your “brag swag”. YA Book Club
- November 17th, 6:30 PM at the Community Center
. Copies of The Scorpio Races
by Maggie Stiefvater are available here at the BCA Management Office and are yours to keep!Cards for Soldiers
- We are collecting blank, stamped cards for the brave men and women serving our armed forces. These blank cards will be donated to several military facilities and will make it a little easier for our soldiers and veterans to send their holiday wishes to their loved ones. We are accepting 3-card bundles tied with ribbon or twine. Cards should be blank, and envelopes should be stamped. You are welcome to include a personal note of gratitude on a sticky note inside each card. Cards can be dropped in the big, red mailbox at the Welcome Center now through November 30th. Thank you for your kindness! Please contact email@example.com
with questions.Save the Date: Holiday Festivities in Brambleton
- Mark your calendars for this holiday fun-filled weekend!
- December 5th: Join us at our annual Holiday Open House at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse for carol singing, hot cocoa, cookies, and crafts for the kids. Visit our website for more details.
- December 6th: Santa will be back in Brambleton for the annual Santa Coalition Tour of the neighborhood. He's partnering again with the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department to collect items for the less fortunate. Click here to see a list of items being collected. While you're there, check out the map to find a stop near you!
Rock Ridge Perfoming Arts Presents Bridge to Terabithia - November 13th and 14th at 7:00 PM. Bring the whole family and enjoy! Click here to order tickets online, or purchase tickets at the door.
Scouting for Food Drive - Cub Scout Pack 1500, representing Creighton, Legacy, and Rosa Lee elementary schools, are conducting their annual Scouting for Food Drive in Brambleton. Scouts distributed plastic donation bags/flyers to homes on November 7th and will return to pick up the bags, filled with food, tomorrow, November 14th. Our goal is to collect over 1,750 lbs of food, which will be distributed through local food banks to families in need. Any food donated is greatly appreciated. If you didn't receive a bag and wish to donate food, please contact Rob Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dennis Kellen at email@example.com.
Loudoun Interfaith Food Drive Until November 18th – Brambleton Kids Care is collecting donations on behalf of Loudoun Interfaith Relief, which hopes to feed 2000 families in Loudoun County this Thanksgiving. Please consider donating the following wish-list items: stuffing mix, boxed potatoes, canned vegetables, gravy, cornbread or biscuit mix, cranberry sauce, and $10 grocery store gift cards (used to purchase the meat of choice). One of each item will be bagged per family. You may drop items off at the BCA Management office or the Welcome Center until November 18th or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pick-up. In addition, a box will be set up at the Annual Meeting on Tuesday, November 17th at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse for drop off. Thank you for your help!
Fall Poker Classic Texas Hold'em Fundraiser - November 21st at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. This event will benefit the American Cancer Society and Step Sisters. The Step Sisters is a local non-profit organization whose mission is to fund quality-of-life support services for breast cancer patients in Loudoun County and surrounding communities. Registration starts at 2:00 PM, game starts at 3:00 PM. For more information. contact Tom Turley at WASCPT@gmail.com.
Kids Day Out / Toy Drive – Need to do a little holiday shopping without the kids in tow? Drop them off for a Kids Day Out on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 PM at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Middle School and High School members of Brambleton Kids Care will entertain kids ages 3+ (must be potty trained) with holiday crafts, snacks, a holiday movie and story time. This Kids Day Out will also serve as a toy drive for Mobile Hope. We ask that a new, unwrapped toy per child is donated at drop-off. All toys will benefit Mobile Hope’s upcoming holiday party in December. Sign up here, and for more information, contact Christine Elansary.
Considerations when Celebrating with Fireworks
- All residents are encouraged to review the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's list of permissible fireworks and safety tips
. The Fire Marshal's Office urges those using approved fireworks to follow these important safety tips:
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Never give fireworks to young children, and always wear safety glasses.
- Always have a bucket of water, or water hose, nearby.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix!
To report concerns for Fireworks:
Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Management
Fire Marshal's Office
803 Sycolin Road, SE Suite 104
Leesburg, VA 20175
Fire Marshal: 703-737-8600Wind Blown Waste Containers and Debris
– Brambleton’s waste hauler, AAA/Republic, reported to our office that significant winds impacted their service efforts today. There are several streets that experience a wind tunnel effect, causing the empty containers placed back at the curbside to blow around, and also causing loose materials placed within waste containers to blow out and around. Residents are encouraged to collect their containers as promptly after service as possible. Please note that residents are responsible to bag all trash placed within containers and to pick up all wind-blown debris on their property. Keep the Lights On
– Now that it is getting dark earlier, it is important for residents to ensure the proper nightly operation of all outside light fixtures that are designed to operate automatically, including carriage lamps, garage lights, and builder-installed landscape lights. For carriage lamps, if replacing the bulbs in the lamp does not render it operational, resetting the GFI outlet that the fixture is wired to is a good next step. If the fixture still does not work, there may be a problem with the sensor on the post, the breaker (GFI) and/or the wiring. Consulting with your neighbors, your builder's warranty department, or a licensed electrician may be your best resources for resolution. Replacement sensors can be found at home improvement stores such as Home Depot and are easy to replace. Political Signs & Halloween Decorations
– Thank you to all of the residents that showed support for their favored candidates with political signs and to those that decorated their homes for Halloween. It’s truly great to see such community involvement and fun holiday spirit throughout Brambleton. Brambleton’s guidelines require that signs be removed within 5 days of the election and holiday decorations be removed within 2 weeks of the holiday. Please contact the Covenants team
if you have any questions. Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. After the committee reviews applications, applicants will hear back in writing following the meeting. Please read your approval letters and adhere to any conditions stated within.
If you have any questions regarding conditional approvals or the design review process, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on December 14, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.