November 20, 2015
Annual Meeting Recap - Congrats to Brian Viola, on his re-election, and to Ram Venkat, on his election to the BCA Board of Directors! Brian and Ram will serve the community as Directors of the Brambleton Community Association Board for the next three years. Director Tony Buffington closed out his term as the Association’s Vice President at the meeting. However, Tony will continue to serve Brambleton and the entire Blue Ridge District as the County Supervisor when he takes office this coming January.
The Association also honored two residents with the 2015 Distinguished Service Award, which was presented to Ashley Campolattaro for her extraordinary efforts with the Step Sisters, Ribbon Run, Lace Up For Learning, and overall dedication to the community; and to Abel Sussman, for his efforts in establishing the Little Free Library program in Brambleton. Residents such as Ashley and Abel make Brambleton the great community it is today!
BCA presented its annual report at the meeting on video; it can be viewed by all residents here.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 11/23/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
Ugly Sweater Brewery Tour on the Bram Bus
Advertising with BCA - if you are a business owner in or near Brambleton and would like to grow your business by getting your name in front of more than 4500 subscribers, please contact Sonya Farrell to inquire about ad space availability in our monthly newsletter and New Resident Handbook. For the first time in years, a full-page space has become available in the Newsletter. Please contact us today with any questions or to secure your space while it's still available.
- Saturday, December 19th and Sunday, December 20th, 12:00 PM - 6:15 PM. Put on the ugliest sweater you can find and join us for a tour of Loudoun County's best breweries! Tickets are $20 per person, which includes the bus transportation and driver. Each guest is responsible for purchasing their own tastings and food while on the tour. We will visit Lost Rhino Brewery, Adroit Theory Brewing Company, and Belly Love Brewery before arriving back at Lost Rhino Retreat in Brambleton Town Center. Sign up here
to reserve your seat. Limited space remains. After you sign up, visit this link
to pay for your ticket. You must pay the $20 ticket price prior to departure.Cards for Soldiers
- We are collecting blank, stamped cards for the brave men and women serving our armed forces. These blank cards will be donated to several military facilities and will make it a little easier for our soldiers and veterans to send their holiday wishes to their loved ones. We are accepting 3-card bundles tied with ribbon or twine. Cards should be blank, and envelopes should be stamped. You are welcome to include a personal note of gratitude on a sticky note inside each card. Cards can be dropped in the big, red mailbox at the Welcome Center now through November 30th. Thank you for your kindness! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions.Save the Date: Holiday Festivities in Brambleton
- Mark your calendars for this holiday fun-filled weekend!
- December 5th: Join us at our annual Holiday Open House at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse for carol singing, hot cocoa, cookies, and crafts for the kids. Visit our website for more details.
- December 6th: Santa will be back in Brambleton for the annual Santa Coalition Tour of the neighborhood. He's partnering again with the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department to collect items for the less fortunate. Click here to see a list of items being collected. While you're there, check out the map to find a stop near you!
Sponsor a Salvation Army Angel in Loudoun County – Want to give back this holiday season? Sponsor an Angel from our tree and help make the holidays merry for a child in need. The Angel Tree will be set up in the Welcome Center starting Friday November 20th. The program aims to provide two or three gift items per child, plus an outfit. You are welcome to combine with friends & neighbors. Gifts must be brought to the Welcome Center by December 10th and should be unwrapped, with your tag attached. Multiple gifts can be combined in a shopping bag or trash bag with the tag attached on the outside. Thank you!
Fall Poker Classic Texas Hold'em Fundraiser - November 21st at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. This event will benefit the American Cancer Society and Step Sisters. The Step Sisters is a local non-profit organization whose mission is to fund quality-of-life support services for breast cancer patients in Loudoun County and surrounding communities. Registration starts at 2:00 PM, game starts at 3:00 PM. For more information. contact Tom Turley at WASCPT@gmail.com.
Kids Day Out / Toy Drive – Need to do a little holiday shopping without the kids in tow? Drop them off for a Kids Day Out on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 PM at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Middle School and High School members of Brambleton Kids Care will entertain kids ages 3+ (must be potty trained) with holiday crafts, snacks, a holiday movie and story time. This Kids Day Out will also serve as a toy drive for Mobile Hope. We ask that a new, unwrapped toy per child is donated at drop-off. All toys will benefit Mobile Hope’s upcoming holiday party in December. Sign up here, and for more information, contact Christine Elansary.
Playing By The Rules
Cub Scout Pack 1500 Thanks You! - Cub Scout Pack 1500 would like to extend a huge thank you to the Brambleton community for the tremendous contribution toward the 1,916 lbs of non-perishable food items collected during the recent Scouting For Food Drive. This is our best collection yet, exceeding last year's donation of 1,567 lbs. It takes an entire community to make such a great effort. Again thank you for your contributions!
Upwards Basketball League for Boys and Girls in K5-4th grades - Saturday games and Tuesday night practices will be held at Leesburg Christian School, just a few minutes from Brambleton. Games begin in January 2016. Register here, or call Ryan Vanderwarker at 703-777-4220 for more information.
- All residents who displayed signs in support of the candidates of their choice during the recent election season, please take a moment this weekend to remove these signs. Signs must be removed within five (5) days after the election. Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
.Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. French drains
require review and approval prior to the start of work. Modifications such as these which may affect drainage must include plans to mitigate any negative impact. If you have any questions regarding conditional approvals or the design review process, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on December 14, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.