November 25, 2015
BCA Wishes Everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving! - Please note that our office will close today at 3:00 PM and remain closed through the remainder of the week. We will reopen Monday, November 30th, at 9:00 AM.
Cards for Soldiers
DMV2GO is Coming Back to Brambleton – December 3rd, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Need to renew your license or registration? New to the area and need to change your address? Skip the lines and bad lighting and visit their mobile unit in the Town Center parking lot, in front of Harris Teeter. To see a full list of services provided, please visit www.dmvnow.com.
- We are collecting blank, stamped cards for the brave men and women serving our armed forces. These blank cards will be donated to several military facilities and will make it a little easier for our soldiers and veterans to send their holiday wishes to their loved ones. We are accepting 3-card bundles tied with ribbon or twine. Cards should be blank, and envelopes should be stamped. You are welcome to include a personal note of gratitude on a sticky note inside each card. Cards can be dropped in the big, red mailbox at the Welcome Center now through Monday, November 30th
. Thank you for your kindness! Please contact email@example.com
with questions.Letters to Santa
- December 1st - December 20th. Kids, bring your letters to Santa to the Welcome Center to make sure it gets to the North Pole in time! In Partnership with Macy's and Make-a-Wish, for every letter Santa receives, Macy's will donate $1 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, up to $1 million. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.Ugly Sweater Brewery Tour on the Bram Bus
- Saturday, December 19th and Sunday, December 20th, 12:00 PM - 6:15 PM. Put on the ugliest sweater you can find and join us for a tour of Loudoun County's best breweries! Tickets are $20 per person, which includes the bus transportation and driver. Each guest is responsible for purchasing their own tastings and food while on the tour. We will visit Lost Rhino Brewery, Adroit Theory Brewing Company, and Belly Love Brewery before arriving back at Lost Rhino Retreat in Brambleton Town Center. Sign up here
to reserve your seat. Limited space remains. After you sign up, visit this link
to pay for your ticket. You must pay the $20 ticket price prior to departure.Holiday Festivities in Brambleton
- Mark your calendars for holiday family fun!
- December 5th: Join us at our annual Holiday Open House at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse for carol singing, hot cocoa, cookies, and crafts for the kids. Visit our website for more details.
- December 6th: Santa will be back in Brambleton for the annual Santa Coalition Tour of the neighborhood. He's partnering again with the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department to collect items for the less fortunate. Click here to see a list of items being collected. While you're there, check out the map to find a stop near you!
Sponsor a Salvation Army Angel in Loudoun County – Want to give back this holiday season? Sponsor an Angel from our tree and help make the holidays merry for a child in need. The program aims to provide two or three gift items per child, plus an outfit. You are welcome to combine with friends & neighbors. Gifts must be brought to the Welcome Center by December 10th and should be unwrapped, with your tag attached. Multiple gifts can be combined in a shopping bag or trash bag with the tag attached on the outside. Thank you!
Kids Day Out / Toy Drive – Need to do a little holiday shopping without the kids in tow? Drop them off for a Kids Day Out on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 PM at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Middle School and High School members of Brambleton Kids Care will entertain kids ages 3+ (must be potty trained) with holiday crafts, snacks, a holiday movie and story time. This Kids Day Out will also serve as a toy drive for Mobile Hope. We ask that a new, unwrapped toy per child is donated at drop-off. All toys will benefit Mobile Hope’s upcoming holiday party in December. Sign up here, and for more information, contact Christine Elansary.
Parking in Brambleton
- When parking in Brambleton, vehicles must comply with legal requirements
and the Association’s governing documents
. While performing community-wide inspections throughout Brambleton, Staff has noted several vehicles which are parked in violation of these requirements. Most recently, several vehicles have been cited for expired tags, improper storage, and/or have been identified as junk or derelict. BCA Staff takes enforcement actions as outlined in BCA’s Vehicle Policy Resolution
. For violations of state or county parking requirements, the Association will defer enforcement to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s office. The non-emergency number for LCSO is 703-777-1021. Please contact the Covenants team
if you have any questions or need more information. Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. The Covenants Committee uses several resources to assist in the review of applications. The Guidelines are one resource. Included in that document is the Design Review Criteria
, which is readily referred to as a resource, as is the Declaration. If you have any questions regarding conditional approvals or the design review process, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on December 14, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.