December 4, 2015
New Republic Rewards Program To Be Introduced - Be on the lookout for direct mail from BCA’s contracted waste hauler, AAA/Republic Services, for information about registering for this new and enhanced recycling rewards program which will replace Recyclebank. Residents who have previously registered for Recyclebank will continue to have access to their existing Recyclebank account and be able to redeem their points through May 30, 2016. BCA will post additional information and a direct link for registration once the program has been rolled out by mail.
Blasting to Take Place Starting December 7th – Blasting at the NOVEC/Dominion Power Station, which is south of Shreveport Drive and Somerset Crossing Place, will occur between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM for approximately 20 working days. This blasting will be done by highly qualified and licensed blasting specialists and held to non-damaging levels. There will be ground vibration when the blasts occur. Blasting will be preceded by an air horn warning signal 5 minutes prior and then again immediately prior to detonation.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 12/07/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
- Section 21
- Repaving Higbee Lane in Section 15
Holiday Open House
– Tomorrow, December 5th, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Join us for carol singing, hot cocoa, cookies, and crafts for the kids. Enjoy special live performances from the following:
Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
- 1:00 PM - Creighton's Corner Elementary School Chorus
- 2:00 PM - Stone Hill Middle School Chorus
- 3:00 PM - Brambleton Presbyterian Church Kids and Adults Chorus
- 4:15 PM - Dean Alan Magic Show
– December 6th, 6:00 PM. Santa will be back in Brambleton for the annual Santa Coalition Tour of the neighborhood. He's partnering again with the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department to collect items for the less fortunate. Click here
to see a list of items being collected. While you're there, check out the map to find a stop near you!Letters to Santa
– Kids, bring your letters to Santa to the Welcome Center to make sure it gets to the North Pole in time! In Partnership with Macy's and Make-a-Wish, for every letter Santa receives, Macy's will donate $1 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, up to $1 million. Letters will be collected through December 20th. Please contact email@example.com
with any questions.Adult Book Club
– December 14th at 7:30 PM at the Community Center. They'll be discussing The Snow Child
by Eowyn Ivey. The BCA office has limited copies available.YA Book Club
– December 15th, 6:30 PM at the Community Center. This month's selection, American Born Chinese
by Gene Luen Yang, is available at the BCA office. Pick up your copy today!
Rock Ridge HS Choral Booster Club's Madrigal Dinner – Sunday, December 6th from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at RRHS. Performing Arts students will perform in Renaissance costume as guests enjoy a 3-course dinner. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 or students, and $5 for childcare (children must be potty-trained). Tickets and information available at www.rockridgesings.org. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Sponsor a Salvation Army Angel in Loudoun County Through December 10th – Want to give back this holiday season? Sponsor an Angel from our tree and help make the holidays merry for a child in need. The program aims to provide two or three gift items per child, plus an outfit. You are welcome to combine with friends & neighbors. Gifts must be brought to the Welcome Center by December 10th and should be unwrapped, with your tag attached. Multiple gifts can be combined in a shopping bag or trash bag with the tag attached on the outside. Thank you!
Toys for Tots Holiday Concert with Loudoun Symphonic Winds – December 12th, 7:30 PM at Potomac Falls High School. Check out this family-friendly event, featuring a very special guest that the little ones will enjoy! Admission: a new, unwrapped toy.
Kids Day Out / Toy Drive - More Spots Added! – Need to do a little holiday shopping without the kids in tow? Drop them off for a Kids Day Out on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 PM at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. Middle School and High School members of Brambleton Kids Care will entertain kids ages 3+ (must be potty trained) with holiday crafts, snacks, a holiday movie and story time. This Kids Day Out will also serve as a toy drive for Mobile Hope. We ask that a new, unwrapped toy per child is donated at drop-off. All toys will benefit Mobile Hope’s upcoming holiday party in December. Sign up here, and for more information, contact Christine Elansary.
Highlight on Design Guidelines
– The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. Another document that is used as a resource during the review process is the Design Review Criteria
. It would be beneficial to familiarize yourself with the criteria that the committee takes into consideration, as well as the guidelines, prior to designing the modification. If you have any questions regarding conditional approvals or the design review process, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy if submitted before December 9, 2015. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on December 14, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.