December 11, 2015
Trash & Recycling During the Holidays & Christmas Tree Pickup - Please take note of the following changes to trash and recycling collection services during the Holidays:
- Christmas Day - Friday 12/25/2015: Trash and Recycling service will occur on Saturday, 12/26/2015.
- New Year Day - Friday 1/1/2016: Trash and Recycling service will occur on Saturday, 1/2/2016.
- Christmas Tree Removal: Christmas trees will be collected for recycling on the first two Tuesdays of January: 1/5/2016 and 1/12/2016. BCA urges residents to take advantage of this eco-friendly service. Please note: Christmas trees must be placed curbside free of bags, ornaments and garland. Trees containing any of these items will be collected with the trash. Trees in excess of 8 feet in length need to be cut in half in order to be removed by the crews. After the Tuesday 1/12/2016 collection, Christmas trees will be removed with the trash.
Blasting Continues – Blasting at the NOVEC/Dominion Power Station, which is south of Shreveport Drive and Somerset Crossing Place, will continue to occur between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM for the next several weeks. This blasting is done by highly qualified and licensed blasting specialists and held to non-damaging levels. There will be ground vibration when the blasts occur. Blasting will be preceded by an air horn warning signal 5 minutes prior and then again immediately prior to detonation.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 12/14/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
- Section 21
- Repaving Higbee Lane in Section 15
Letters to Santa
– Kids, bring your letter to Santa to the Welcome Center to make sure it gets to the North Pole in time! In partnership with Macy's and Make-a-Wish, for every letter Santa receives, Macy's will donate $1 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, up to $1 million. Letters will be collected through December 20th
. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.Adult Book Club
– December 14th at 7:30 PM at the Community Center. They'll be discussing The Snow Child
by Eowyn Ivey. The BCA office has limited copies available.YA Book Club
– December 15th, 6:30 PM at the Community Center. This month's selection, American Born Chinese
by Gene Luen Yang, is available at the BCA office. Pick up your copy today!Take the Bram Bus to Charlestown
– January 16th. Join us on the Bram Bus for a night out at Charlestown Casino & Slots. Board the bus at 7:00 PM in front of FOX Regal Cinemas. We'll depart Charlestown at 11:00 PM to be back in Brambleton by midnight. Sign up and buy your ticket ASAP to reserve your spot!Call for Roving Dinner Participants!
– Join your fellow Brambletonians on February 6th for a one-of-a-kind dinner party! Think progressive dinner meets scavenger hunt. You and your dinner companion, along with 6 or 7 other couples, will visit 3 different homes in Brambleton for a 50-minute cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres. But you won't know who you will meet at each home until you get there! All participants will end the evening together at the Corner Clubhouse for dessert, DJ, and dancing. Registration is capped at 100 couples. Register today at www.brambletonrovingdinner.com
. Email Kathy Turley
, Roving Dinner Chairperson, with questions.
Winter Programming – Looking for something to keep your family busy this winter? Check out our Programs page to see what's going on. We've got new programs like Cotillion and Little Hands Speech and Occupational Therapy, as well as some old favorites, like Drama Kids, Silver Knights Chess, and Fitness Image Results Bootcamp. Sign up today!
Toys for Tots Holiday Concert with Loudoun Symphonic Winds – December 12th, 7:30 PM at Potomac Falls High School. Check out this family-friendly event, featuring a very special guest that the little ones will enjoy! Admission: a new, unwrapped toy.
Seeking New Covenants Committee Member
– The Covenants Committee is seeking one new member. If interested, please attend the meeting on Monday, December 14, 2015 and/or January 11, 2016 so you can meet existing members and get an understanding of the responsibilities of a Covenants Committee member. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the BCA Management Office, 42395 Ryan Road, Suite 210 (above the Welcome Center). If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
. Highlight on Design Guidelines: Decks
– The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. A common modification to add to a new home is a deck. Please read the Design Guidelines regarding the submission requirements and any section requirements that may be required for decks in your section. One requirement is that if the deck, at the lowest horizontal beam, measures less than four (4) feet from grade, then undercroft screening of lattice or sufficient landscaping must be installed. If you are unsure about specific requirements, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, December 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on December 14, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.