January 22, 2016
BCA Management Office to Close at 3:00 PM Today - In anticipation of deteriorating weather conditions, the BCA Management Office will close at 3:00PM today. Residents can email all concerns for the conditions of BCA private streets, lanes, and alleys to Snow@Brambleton.org. Emails of concerns pertaining to unplowed BCA streets which are received prior to the expiration of the 12-hour post-storm period will be considered accordingly.
Winter Storm Safety Reminders - The primary goal of plow operations will be to keep a travel lane open for emergency purposes during the storm, and to have all BCA streets cleared with two travel lanes 12 hours after the snow has stopped falling. Vehicular travel on BCA streets during the storm should be limited to emergencies only. Vehicles parked or abandoned in a manner that is dangerous or obstructs efficient plow operations will be towed at the owners’ expense.
A storm of this magnitude will require plows, heavy equipment, and dump trucks to work all day and through the night to keep up with the storm to maintain passable roads. This work can be inconvenient and disruptive but is necessary to keep the roads open. Residents’ understanding and patience are appreciated.
- Vehicles need to be parked in garages, driveways, designated striped-spaces, or at the Brambleton Town Center parking garages. Do not park on private, narrow, or dead-end streets. The plows need room to operate and places to push snow.
- Plow and equipment drivers have limited vision during the storm. Keep back a minimum of 100ft, and give them the right-of-way at all times.
- Only use the roads for emergencies during this storm.
- Do not walk or play in the streets.
- Visibility will be impacted by piled snow. Piles are typically created at intersections in an effort to clear the road. These piles often end up on sidewalks.
- Keep away from and off of all ponds.
Regal Wood Snow Route and BCA Dead End Streets - Parking restrictions are in effect on the BCA portion of Regal Wood Drive between Olympia Drive and Vickery Park Drive and all BCA dead-end streets from 12:00 PM Friday, 1/22/2016, through 12:00 PM Sunday, 1/24/2016. Parallel parking in non-designated/recessed spaces is prohibited during this period. This will allow time for crews to clear the street from curb to curb, which will allow for improved travel conditions in the days to follow. Vehicles in violation of this restriction will be towed at the owner’s expense. Owners of towed vehicles can recover their vehicle at Road Runner Wrecker Service (703-450-7555).
Why Do Snowplows Block My Driveway With Snow When They Clear the Road? - We are sorry for this inconvenience. While plow crews try to minimize the amount of snow that gets plowed into driveways during the storm, please note it is the responsibility of the property owner to clear their driveway opening. Also, as long as there is snow in the street, plow drivers will continue to plow the street. Some of this additional snow will end up at the driveway opening. To avoid double work try to leave clearing the last 5ft of your driveway until after plowing operations are complete. When shoveling snow, place it to the right side of your driveway as you face the road instead of to the left. Residents are also reminded not to shovel snow into the streets as it reduces the efficiency of the plow operators and can create a hazard.
Updated Trash & Recycling Service Information for Today - Due to the potential for hazardous road conditions from the impending weather, Republic Services will close operations at 1:00 PM this afternoon. In anticipation of the storm, all routes began earlier than normal in hopes to complete all service by 1:00 PM. If you have not been serviced by this time, please pull equipment off the street to accommodate snow plowing. Notification regarding Tuesday’s service will be announced as soon as we have information from the contractor.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 1/25/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections:
Safe Sitter CPR Course Rescheduled - Due to inclement weather, the course has been rescheduled to March 6th. So there's still time to register!
Winter Program Postponed - The first meeting of Junior Cotillion has been postponed from this weekend to February 5th due to inclement weather. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register Your Kids to Train and Run a 5k in Brambleton! - Registration for the spring season of Brambleton Kids Run the Nation is open. This structured co-ed program for children in K-8th grades encourages the enjoyment of running/fitness. Emphasis is on participation and developing a healthy lifestyle. Focus will be on improving personal times while increasing endurance and distance. The program culminates with group participation in the Brambleton Ribbon Run on April 16th. Registration for the race and a KRTN team shirt are included in program fees. For more details, or to register, go to www.BrambletonKidsRuntheNation.com.
Overtime Athletics Summer Camp Registration Special - Yes, there may be a blizzard this weekend, but Summer Camp registration will be opening up soon. Take advantage of their "Steal Deal" promotion between February 1st - 3rd for discounted pricing. Stay tuned for more information.
Rock Ridge Performing Arts Presents a Special “State Festival Showcase” - January 28th. In preparation for their upcoming performances at the Virginia Thespians State Conference, students will present an evening of Individual Events right here at home in Brambleton. This will be a performance with a purpose and an opportunity for students to hone their craft in front of a live audience: YOU! So, come out and support your local Virginia Thespian troupe and wish them well at the State Festival. Gallery opens at 6:30 PM; performances begin at 7:00 PM. Donations accepted at the door ($5 suggested). Visit www.rockridgedrama.org for more information.
- During recent community wide inspections it was noted that many properties have gutter extensions at the front, rear and side yard of the property. The Design Guidelines for Brambleton state that above-ground extensions of downspouts are not permitted due to aesthetic appearance and impact to drainage on adjoining properties and open spaces, and must be approved by the Covenants Committee. An application is required for all downspout extensions, which must be buried in such a manner to adequately manage runoff, according to correct engineering practices and Loudoun County Code requirements. In addition, gutters and downspouts must be located in such a manner as to not adversely affect drainage onto neighboring properties, including Common Areas or adjacent property beyond the boundaries of the Brambleton community. Contact
the Covenants Advisor team with any questions related to gutter extensions or other Covenants related matters. Highlight on Design Guidelines
– The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. When submitting an application, referring to an application, or inquiring about the decision of an application via email, it is important to use your property address as the subject line
. If you have any questions regarding conditional approvals or the design review process, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, February 8, 2016 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on February 8th but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
, or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.