Information Release from Brambleton Community Association
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 28, 2016
CONTACT: Rick Stone - PCAM, LSM, General Manager
(703) 542-6263; email@example.com
Brambleton Community Association Post-Storm Update
Brambleton, VA – (1/28/2016; 12:30 PM) Brambleton Community Association (BCA), the Brambleton Group LLC, and their contractors continue to focus on snow clearing activity throughout the community. As conditions improve following the historic snow storm, residents are encouraged to keep several things in mind today:
- BCA and the contractors working for Brambleton Group and VDOT have been operating 24/7 with a priority of widening travel lanes throughout the community. Due to the amount of snow, these operations have resulted in snow being mounded onto previously cleared sidewalks. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided due to the volume of snow. BCA will not be enforcing the requirement for sidewalk clearing.
- Residents are requested to clear the area around visible fire hydrants. If you know of a fire hydrant that has been buried and is no longer visible, please let us know the specific location and best efforts will be made to clear it.
- Crews will continue to improve access to Common Area parking spaces as plows are able to access 4 or more contiguous open spaces, with an open area to push the snow.
- Resident vehicles parked at the Brambleton Town Center garages should be removed by noon, Friday, January 29th. This will free up spaces for the restaurants and merchants in anticipation of a busy weekend at the Town Center.
- BCA will begin work to clear Common Area sidewalks and trails on Monday, February 1st.
- If it is absolutely necessary to walk in the roadway, pedestrians should use extreme caution and walk facing traffic.
- Please dispose of pet waste at your private residence for the time being to reduce the need for service at community pet waste stations while snow clearing efforts continue. Residents are urged to refrain from throwing pet waste in the vicinity of containers that are not accessible.
- Regal Wood Snow Route: Parking restrictions are extended on the BCA portion of Regal Wood Drive between Olympia Drive and Vickery Park Drive through 5:00 PM Friday, 1/29/2016 due to limited space available. Parallel parking in non-designated/recessed spaces is prohibited during this period. This will allow time for crews to clear the street from curb to curb, which will allow for improved travel conditions in the days to follow. Vehicles in violation of this restriction will be towed at the owner’s expense. Owners of towed vehicles can recover their vehicle at Road Runner Wrecker Service (703-450-7555).
Specific concerns related to BCA snow removal efforts should be emailed to Snow@Brambleton.org