May 13, 2016
Beacon Crest Pool Opens This Weekend: Pre-Season Hours - The pool at Beacon Crest will be open on the following days from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM:
- Saturday, May 14th
- Sunday, May 15th
- Saturday, May 21st
- Sunday, May 22nd
You must have a pool pass to enter the facility. The BCA Office will offer extended pool pass hours one last time from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM on May 17th. If you're unable to get to our office that evening or during our normal business hours, you are encouraged to use our convenient email option. Please visit our Pools page to see who is eligible to get a pool pass and to see the requirements for obtaining one.
Loudoun Lyme 5K/10k This Sunday: Possible Impact on Traffic - The Loudoun Lyme 5k/10k will take place this Sunday, May 15th at the Brambleton Town Center. For more information or to register, click here. Course signs will be placed along the race route in advance of the event. Please be advised that during the race (approximately 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM), there may be some delays as police and course marshals allow runners to safely pass by. Click here for the course map.
Design Your Next Neighborhood Park – Come join your neighbors for this exciting opportunity to help design your next neighborhood park. Your input is essential throughout this process. The first step in the process is to invite all residents to attend a design session (design charrette) to solicit residents' involvement and input to create the initial draft plans. We had a great turn-out at this week's charrette, and we hope to see more of you at the next one!
Please visit our website prior to attending next week's charrette for more information about the process and to determine if your neighborhood will be impacted. We encourage you to visit frequently as the process continues.
- Design Charrette: Rec. District 4 - Sign up here
- Date: Tuesday, 5/17/2016
- Time: 7:00PM
- Location: Brambleton Community Center, 42645 Regal Wood Drive
Please note: Sign-up is not required to attend, but it is appreciated so that we can be prepared for the number of participants.
Questionnaires: The process will also incorporate feedback received from questionnaires for each park. Please take a moment to complete and submit the questionnaire for the park that you are most interested in.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s Developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 5/16/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
- Section 15 - Fire lane striping
- Section 18 - Paving
- Section 29
SUMMERFIELD AT BRAMBLETON
Extended Pool Pass Hours - Summerfield Condo residents can get their pool passes at the Summerfield Association office, located in the Clubhouse. Forms were mailed to all owners on April 14th. If you are a tenant, you must contact your landlord for the form, and they must fill out their portions. Extended pool pass pick-up will occur on the following dates:
- May 17th: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- May 19th: 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- May 24th: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
YA Book Club Meeting - May 17th, 6:30 PM, at Peet's Coffee. Meet up with friends to chat about Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. Limited copies are available at the BCA office. Not sure if this club is right for you? No problem. Just stop in for a bit to grab a latte, listen, and engage.
Brew Fest Is Only 1 Week Away! - May 21st, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Brambleton Town Center. Beer, food trucks, live music, and more! Buy your tickets today!
- VIP Tickets Sales End May 18th! - VIP ticket includes brunch at Lost Rhino Retreat and a meet and greet with some of the participating breweries, followed by exclusive early admission to Brew Fest from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM, souvenir glass, and six 5 oz tastings. VIP tickets are limited, so get yours today!
- Volunteers Still Needed for 3rd Shift (4:30 - 6:30 PM) and Clean-up Crew - Volunteers will get free admission to the event, t-shirt, sample glass, six 5 oz samples, and access to the hospitality tent. Get more information and sign up here.
- Volunteer Packet Pick-Up and "Pour" Class on May 19th - if you've already signed up to volunteer, plan to stop by the Corner Clubhouse to pick up your T-shirt, assignment information, and more. All volunteers, regardless of assignment, are encouraged to attend a pour class. Pick-ups are at 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, and 8:00 PM. Please sign up for your preferred time slot here.
Proactive Inspections for Proper Storage of Waste Containers
New Summer Camps Added - Registration is now open for Brambleton Soccer Camp. Visit our Summer Camps page for more information on this and all of our other summer programs!
Save the Date: B_Fit Trail Challenge – June 11th. Participants will compete on approximately 2.5 miles of paved trails including 10 fitness stations with a variety of strength and agility challenges along the way. All ages and abilities are welcome! Proceeds from this event benefit childhood cancer through the Team Mathias organization. Use coupon code FLASH16 and save $3 until Sunday at midnight. For more details, or to register, go to www.BFitTrailChallenge.com.
Rock Ridge Chorus Presents Broadway Desserts! - May 14th, 7:00 PM at RRHS. Enjoy unlimited desserts and a silent auction while talented members of the Rock Ridge Choir showcase their favorite Broadway tunes. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students, and are available at the door or online. All proceeds benefit the Rock Ridge High School Chorus.
RRHS Second Annual Touch a Truck Fundraiser - May 14th. Tickets are now on sale now! Come explore all different kinds of things that move - such as forklifts, game trucks, moving trucks, fire trucks, ambulance bus, cranes, snowblowers, the Leesburg Trolley, Loudoun Mobile Command Bus, tactical vehicles, concrete mixers, tractor trailers, and more! The Loudoun Life Safety Trailer will be on hand to learn about home safety. More information and tickets are at http://www.rockridgetrucks.com.
– Inspections will be conducted over the next two weeks throughout the community. Trash is collected on Tuesdays (yard waste service also occurs on Tuesdays from March - December). Trash, recycling, and scheduled bulk pick-ups are performed on Fridays. Bulk pick-ups can be arranged with AAA by calling 703-818-8222; some items will incur an additional charge. Trash containers and recycling bins are to be put out no earlier than 6:00 PM on the evening before the scheduled pick-up day. All trash containers and recycling bins should be removed from the streets, walkways, or exterior portions of the lots following pick-up on the day of the scheduled trash removal. Trash containers and recycling bins are not permitted to be stored in a location visible from a neighboring property
. Additional information can be found on our website under Article 8 of the Declaration, Section 8.2 Restrictions on Use (i)
. Please contact the Covenants team with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 703-542-6263.Highlight on Design Guidelines
– Irrigation systems require approval by the Covenants Committee. Submission requirements include a copy of the recorded plat, showing the location of the irrigation heads. Please be aware when installing irrigation systems that the front property lines of most Lots do not extend to the public street and are typically located a few feet behind the curb and gutter, or public sidewalk. Lot Owners shall not install, construct, or place any private facilities or improvements, including but not limited to sprinkler/irrigation systems, fences, walls, landscaping, signs or other decorative improvements and appurtenant facilities within the dedicated public street right-of-way. A copy of the Design Guidelines for irrigation systems can be viewed on our website
. If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
or call 703-542-6263.Proposed Design Guideline Revisions Ready for Public Comment
- Please visit the website
to review the proposed revisions to certain sections of BCA's Design Guidelines related to Home Based Businesses and Vehicles. You'll find the timeline for review, comment, and adoption. Staff and the committee continue to review the Design Guidelines and policy resolutions to find ways to support transparency, ease of understanding, and alignment between the documents. Any comments or suggestions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any comments or suggestions may be sent to email@example.com