June 10, 2016
Asphalt Repairs on BCA Streets Scheduled to Begin – Asphalt repairs on several private BCA streets in Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 14 (see map) are scheduled to begin on Thursday, June 16th. The repairs involve milling and paving areas of failed asphalt. The repair process is the first step in the overall asphalt maintenance project. Once the repairs are complete, the streets will be seal coated. This will be followed by re-striping of the fire lanes, parking space lines and stop bars. Roads will need to be closed at times for seal coating. Further information will be distributed next week prior to the start of seal coating.
B_Fit Trail Challenge/Pedestrian Traffic Increase This Weekend - The B_Fit Trail Challenge will be taking place on Saturday, June 11th, starting at Shreveport/Belmont Ridge Road. Participants will be running the trails along Belmont Ridge Road (Trent Grove Section), continuing along the B_Fit exercise stations, and then heading towards the finish (Brambleton Corner Pool) on the trails along Northstar Blvd. Pedestrian traffic along this route will be active between 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM. Please use caution when driving through the community or walking along the trails.
This family-friendly event benefits childhood cancer research through Team Mathias. Starting at the Brambleton Corner Pool, participants will compete on approximately 2.5 miles of paved trails including 10 fitness stations with a variety of strength and agility challenges along the way. Volunteers will be on-hand hosting a donor drive for Be the Match's life-saving registry. Online registration is now closed, but in-person registration will begin at 8:00 AM for $30. For more details on this Race Brambleton qualifying event, go to www.BFitTrailChallenge.com.
Ongoing Construction at Town Center - Land development activity is in progress on the vacant parcels in the Town Center. Heavy equipment is installing the necessary underground utilities in preparation for the new town homes and library/office building. Construction began on the parcel closest to Sport&Health and will then move toward the Welcome Center. Safety is our number one priority. Town Center patrons are asked to please use caution and not enter into the active construction area enclosed by fencing.
Legacy Park Tennis Courts – The tennis courts will be closed for fence and court surface repairs from June 20th through June 25th, weather permitting. Once the repairs are complete, the courts will be reopened. Please visit the BCA website for additional information or changes to the schedule.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s Developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 6/13/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
SUMMERFIELD AT BRAMBLETONBoard of Directors Meeting
- July 7th, 7:00 PM. Summerfield at Brambleton Clubhouse, 42426 Hollyhock Terrace.
Teen Pool Party
Brambleton Corner Pool Opening Late - June 12th. The pool will open at 1:00 PM on Sunday to accommodate the Swim Team time trials in the morning.
Summer Kick-Off Party - June 17th, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Start the summer off right at the Brambleton Corner Pool with water slides, DJ, dancing, and more! StoneSpring will be on hand to give way free frozen yogurt, and Rock Ridge High School will be selling concessions. Brambleton residents only. Pool pass required. Click here for more information.
- June 17th, 8:30 PM - 11:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Pool
, right after the Summer Kick-Off Party. Rising 6th - 12th graders are invited to drop in for a late night swim, free pizza, and DJ. Pool pass is required. Guests are welcome for $5/person. Sizzlin' Summer Concerts Return - Starting on June 23rd, join us every other Thursday night at the Town Center for FREE live music and good times. Gates open at 6:00 PM. Shows start at 7:00 PM. BYOB. ID's will be checked at the door. You're welcome to bring your own coolers, chairs, and blankets. Check out the full concert and food truck line-up here.Red, White, & Bram - June 25th. Join us at the Town Center for games, sand sculpting, the annual Bake-Off, live music, an awesome fireworks show, and TAILGATE PARTY! Sign up to volunteer, or visit our website for more information.
Summer Camps Start June 20th
- Bake-Off Registration closes on June 17th. If you can bake and you know it and you really want to show it, then sign up to enter your amazing creation into our annual Bake-Off. Enter today for your chance to get your name in lights (or on our Facebook page) and win a $100 gift card!
- The clock is ticking. We've got lots of programs to choose from. Soccer, Art, Music, Drama, Engineering, and more! Check out our Summer Camp line-up
and sign up today while there's still space.COVENANTSComprehensive Lot Inspections Starting in Section 4 & Section 5
- The Covenants Advisors will be conducting inspections in Section 4 & 5 beginning next week. This section includes the townhomes on Regal Wood Dr., Cartier Ter., Legacy Park Dr., Cortez Ter., Livingston Ter., and Desoto Ter. In an effort to maintain Brambleton as one of the most architecturally pleasing and best maintained communities in the area, comprehensive exterior inspections of homes and lots are ongoing throughout the year. These inspections are done by section and note all exterior modifications on residential lots. Included as part of the comprehensive inspections is confirmation that proper documentation, such as an approved application, is on file with the Association. All inspections are performed by members of the Brambleton Community Association staff. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during these inspections. In accordance with the Association’s enforcement policies, notice will be sent to provide time to correct items noted to be in violation of Brambleton’s governing documents or policies.If you have any questions, please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com
.Design Review Meeting Scheduled for June 13, 2016
- Applications may be submitted up to 5:00 PM on June 13, 2016 in the office or in the drop box outside the office door before 9:00 AM June 13th or
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 5:00 PM June 13th (please include your property address in the subject line) or
- You can bring it to the meeting beginning at 7:00 PM.
- Please review submission procedures prior to submitting an application
If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.Proposed Design Guideline Revisions Ready For Public Comment
- Please visit the website
to review the proposed revisions to certain sections of BCA's Design Guidelines related to Home Based Businesses and Vehicles. You'll find the timeline for review, comment, and adoption. Staff and the committee continue to review the Design Guidelines and policy resolutions to find ways to support transparency, ease of understanding, and alignment between the documents. Any comments or suggestions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org