June 17, 2016
Asphalt Repairs on BCA Streets In Progress – Asphalt repairs on several private BCA streets in Sections 3 - 11, 14, 16, and Belmont Trace, as well as the Commuter Lot and Community Center Parking Lot, (see map) are currently in progress. The repairs involve milling and paving areas of failed asphalt. The repair process is the first step in the overall asphalt maintenance project. Once the repairs are complete, the streets will be seal coated. This will be followed by re-striping of the fire lanes, parking space lines and stop bars. Roads will need to be closed at times for seal coating. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/asphalt for more detailed information and to see how these repairs may impact you and what you can do to prepare.
Legacy Park Tennis Court Closure – The tennis courts will be closed for fence and court surface repairs from June 20th through June 25th, weather permitting. Once the repairs are complete, the courts will be reopened. Please visit the BCA website for any changes to the schedule.
BCA Office Closure - The BCA Management Office will close at 12:00 PM on Monday, June 27th. The office will reopen at 9:00 AM on Tuesday, June 28th.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s Developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 6/20/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
SUMMERFIELD AT BRAMBLETONBoard of Directors Meeting
- July 7th, 7:00 PM. Summerfield at Brambleton Clubhouse, 42426 Hollyhock Terrace.
Teen Pool Party
Brambleton Corner Pool Closing Early - June 22nd. The pool will close at 4:00 PM on Wednesday for the Bettas swim meet that afternoon.
Summer Kick-Off Party - Tonight, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. Start the summer off right at the Brambleton Corner Pool with water slides, DJ, dancing, and more! StoneSpring's Popsicle Truck will be onsite to give way free frozen treats. Brambleton residents only. Pool pass required. Click here for more information.
- Tonight, 8:30 PM - 11:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Pool
, right after the Summer Kick-Off Party. Rising 6th - 12th graders are invited to drop in for a late night swim, free pizza, and DJ. Pool pass is required. Non-Brambleton guests are welcome for $5/person and must be accompanied by a Brambleton resident.YA Book Club
- June 21st, 6:30 PM. Stop in at Peet's Coffee for the next YA Book Club meeting. This month's selection: Nation
by Terry Pratchett. If you drop by the BCA office today to borrow a copy, you'll still have the weekend to read up! Otherwise, just stop by Peet's on Monday for a latte and check out the meeting to see if it's for you.Children's Storytime Relocated For The Summer
- Starting June 21st at 10:00 AM, Children's Storytime will be held at the Welcome Center in the Town Center. It will move back to the Community Center when school starts in the Fall. Any location or date changes will be announced on our website homepage
as a News item, via Facebook
, and in the Friday Flash when possible.Countdown to Sizzlin' Summer Concerts - June 23rd. Join us at the Town Center, just outside Sport&Health, for the first Summer Concert of the season! Delta Spur will bring their modern Top 40 Country covers to kick off the season. Gates open at 6:00 PM. Shows start at 7:00 PM. BYOB. ID's will be checked at the door. Feel free to bring coolers, chairs, and blankets. Check out the full concert and food truck line-up here.
And while you're there, buy your tickets to Red, White & BRAM to avoid the lines that Saturday!Red, White & BRAM - June 25th. Join us at the Town Center for games, sand sculpting, the annual Bake-Off, live music, an awesome fireworks show, and TAILGATE PARTY! Tickets are $5/person. Sign up to volunteer, or visit our website for more information.
Save the Date: Ricky Kalmon Hypnosis Show - Tickets Now Available!
- Today Is Your Last Chance to Win a $100 Gift Card. If you can bake and you know it and you really want to show it, then sign up to enter your amazing creation into our annual Red, White & BRAM Bake-Off. Enter today for your chance to win a $100 gift card!
- Water fun! We'll have water slides and Aqua Tag for kids of ALL ages, so be sure to bring your swimsuits and towels.
- August 20th, 7:30 PM at Rock Ridge Performance Center. Brought to you by BCA and in partnership with the Rock Ridge Drama Department. Comedian Ricky Kalmon has made numerous special guest appearances on ESPN, Hallmark Channel, Fox, FX, TV Guide
and Comedy Central
, and now he's bringing his show to Brambleton! Now through July 20th, use promo code BramLife to get $5 off the regular ticket price. Buy your tickets
today!COVENANTSImproper Storage of Play Equipment
- With summer beginning and kids out of school, please be reminded where play equipment should be stored when not in active use:
- Portable play equipment that is easily transportable by one person, such as soccer nets, bikes or scooters, does not require approval but must be stored out of view of neighboring properties when not in use.
- Permanent or semi-permanent play equipment which constitutes a structure, such as a swing set, play-house, sand box, etc., requires an application and must conform to the guidelines to be approved.
- All play equipment (with the exception of basketball hoops) must be located in the rear yard. Play equipment structures, such as trampolines and playsets must be located a minimum of five feet (5') from any property line.
- For Single Family Attached Homes - the use of plastic play equipment is only permitted within a fenced backyard, as most wood play equipment available to residents is not suited to the size and scale of the majority of lots within this housing type.
- Basketball hoops must be stored a minimum of fifteen (15) feet from the street located adjacent to the driveway. An application is not required for portable basketball equipment that is located and maintained a minimum of 15 feet from the street and in compliance with the guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com
.Proposed Design Guideline Revisions Ready For Public Comment
- Please visit the website
to review the proposed revisions to certain sections of BCA's Design Guidelines related to Home Based Businesses and Vehicles. You'll find the timeline for review, comment, and adoption. Staff and the committee continue to review the Design Guidelines and policy resolutions to find ways to support transparency, ease of understanding, and alignment between the documents. Any comments or suggestions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org