July 8, 2016
Construction Activity in the Town Center and Area South of Sport&Health - During July and August, land development and construction activity will continue in the Town Center. Please use caution and do not enter into construction areas. There will be periods of blasting that will allow for installation of underground utilities. Steps are being taken to reduce any negative impact on residents. Please click here for more information. We appreciate your patience as the Town Center enters into its final stages of completion.
Parking Space Striping on Recently Seal Coated Streets – BCA and its contractors will be striping town home parking spaces on streets that were recently seal coated. Parking in these spaces will not be permitted during the scheduled time. Fire lanes will also be repainted. Vehicles parked in the spaces will be relocated by tow trucks. The schedule is below (subject to change due to weather):
- Section 16 (Eversole, Redstone, Rockslide and all other adjacent streets) and Pecos parking lot – Parking spaces will be closed on Friday 7/8 and Saturday 7/9
- Belmont Trace (Connie Marie, Franklin Benjamin, Patrick Wayne, and all other adjacent streets) - Parking spaces will be closed on Monday 7/11.
If you have questions, please email CIP@brambleton.org
Comment Period: Dragonfly Park on Legacy Park Drive – The park was constructed in 2002 and is starting to show its age. In an effort to keep our community well maintained and current, the Facilities and Grounds committee and the BCA staff have worked together to create a conceptual plan that enhances the park's vista of the lake, while incorporating more passive and native elements into the park. Please take a minute to review the plan and provide any comments or feedback to CIP@brambleton.org by July 18, 2016.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s Developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 7/11/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
Book Club - July 11th, 7:30 PM. Join us for the next Book Club meeting at the Community Center. Stop by the BCA office to borrow you copy of this month's selection, Ruby, by Cynthia Bond. Visit our website for more information.
Free Kids' Events Co-Hosted by Chesterbrook Academy
- Rock On With Rocknocerous - July 14th, 10:00 AM. Bring the little ones to the Town Center Amphitheater near Legacy Park and Emberbrook Circle for this free, interactive performance by one of the region's most popular kids' acts.
At both events, families will have the chance to win a week of free tuition from Chesterbrook Academy. Families who attend either event and schedule a tour within a week will also have their registration free waived if they decide to enroll during the tour. For any questions, contact Rachel Strasburg at (571) 223-3233.Florida-Georgia Line Concert - Let Us Do the Driving
- Float & Flicks Is Back! - July 15th at Brambleton Corner Pool. This free event is perfect for the whole family. This month's featured movie is Zootopia! Concessions will be available for purchase. Movie starts at dusk. Don't forget your pool pass! Visit our website for more information.
- July 16th. The Bram Bus is taking you to more places and events, including Florida Georgia Line
at Jiffy Lube Live, Bobby McKay's Piano Bar at National Harbor on July 22nd, and more. Check out the Bram Bus page
on our website to see the current schedule and buy tickets. These seats do fill up fast, so get your ticket today!YA Book Club - July 19th, 6:30 PM. Be sure to stop by the next meeting at Peet's. Up for discussion this month: Epileptic by David B. Books may be borrowed from the BCA office, so get your copy now!Ricky Kalmon Hypnosis Show: Ticket Discount Promo Code Expires July 20th! - August 20th, 7:30 PM at Rock Ridge Performance Center. Brought to you by BCA and in partnership with the Rock Ridge Drama Department. Comedian Ricky Kalmon has made numerous special guest appearances on ESPN, Hallmark Channel, Fox, FX, TV Guide and Comedy Central, and now he's bringing his show to Brambleton! Now through July 20th, use promo code BramLife to get $5 off the regular ticket price. Buy your tickets today!5th Annual Brambleton Kids Triathlon, Early Bird Registration Ends July 31st
- Take advantage of early bird pricing for the triathlon on Saturday, September 10th, at 8:00 AM. Online registration has sold out the last four years, so don’t miss out! Visit the website
for more information and to register. COMMUNITYInova Loudoun Hospital Offers Monthly Safe Sitter® Class
- July 9th, 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM. For ages 11-14. Classes will be held at the Lansdowne campus
. To register your son or daughter or your child's babysitter, call 703.858.8818 or email email@example.com
. Advanced registration is required.COVENANTS
Design Review Meeting Scheduled for July 11, 2016
- Applications may be submitted in the office or in the drop box outside the office door before 9:00 AM July 11th or
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 11th (please include your property address in the subject line) or
- You can bring it to the meeting beginning at 7:00 PM.
- Please review submission procedures prior to submitting an application
If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or email email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.Proposed Design Guideline Revisions Ready For Public Comment
- Please visit the website
to review the proposed revisions to certain sections of BCA's Design Guidelines related to Home Based Businesses and Vehicles. You'll find the timeline for review, comment, and adoption. Staff and the committee continue to review the Design Guidelines and policy resolutions to find ways to support transparency, ease of understanding, and alignment between the documents. Any comments or suggestions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org