July 29, 2016
Construction Activity in the Town Center Ongoing - Land development and construction activity will continue in the Town Center and the areas south to Creighton Road throughout the summer. Please use caution and do not enter into construction areas. There will be periods of blasting that will allow for installation of underground utilities. Steps are being taken to reduce any negative impact on residents. Please click here for more information. We appreciate your patience as the Town Center enters into its final stages of completion.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s Developer continues to perform bond release activity throughout the community. Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 8/01/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
Ricky, Ricky, Ricky, Can't You See? Sometimes Your Words Just Hypnotize Me! - August 20th, 7:30 PM at Rock Ridge Performance Center. The Ricky Kalmon Hypnosis Show is brought to you by BCA in partnership with the Rock Ridge Drama Department. Comedian Ricky Kalmon has made numerous special guest appearances on ESPN, Hallmark Channel, Fox, FX, TV Guide and Comedy Central, and now he's bringing his family-friendly show to Brambleton! Visit our website to see clips from his shows and buy your tickets today! And tell all your friends!Space Still Left for CPR/AED Class This Sunday
SUMMERFIELD AT BRAMBLETON
Board of Directors Meeting - August 4th, 7:00 PM. Summerfield at Brambleton Clubhouse, 42426 Hollyhock Terrace.
- July 31st, 9:00 AM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse
. Click here
for more information and registration.Sizzlin' Summer Concert
- August 4th. Join us at the Town Center as local party band For the Win drops by. Gates open at 6:00 PM. Show starts at 7:00 PM. BYOB. Visit our website
for more information. Teen Late Night Swim
- August 5th. Rising 6th - 12th graders are invited to hang out at Beacon Crest pool
from 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM in the last "Late Night" of the season! Pool passes required.Save the Date - Wine 101: Around the World in 80 Minutes - August 27th, 7:00 PM. Join us at the Community Center for the 3rd installation in this popular and delicious series. Click here to learn more and buy tickets. Must be 21 or over to attend.Brambleton Kids Triathlon Early Bird Registration Ends July 31st
- Take advantage of early bird pricing for the triathlon on Saturday, September 10th, at 8:00 AM. Online registration has sold out the last four years, so don’t miss out! Visit the website
for more information and to register.
- Tonight, 7:00 PM. Annie Junior
is coming to Rock Ridge High School. Rock Ridge Performing Arts will be showcasing their new Broadway Bound Summer Camp students in this high quality production from their award winning students and staff. Tickets are $10 at the door. Visit www.rockridgedrama.org
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.COVENANTSTree Trimming/Pruning
- Inspections will begin for street trees along sidewalks, as well as tree stakes throughout the community. Per the Property Maintenance Standards
, all hedges, trees, and shrubs must be neatly trimmed and maintained, and their size maintained in proportion to the Lot and home, through pruning. Tree stakes are provided when young trees are installed but are to be removed after one (1) year. If the stakes are left in place, it can cause damage to the growing tree and become unsightly. All trees, plants, and other landscaping materials shall be maintained such that they do not encroach on sidewalks. Tree limbs shall be pruned to a height of at least 8 feet above the sidewalk to provide unobstructed access. Any questions or concerns can be addressed with the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com
.Comprehensive Lot Inspections Delayed in Section 6
- The Covenants Advisors will be conducting inspections in Section 6 beginning next week. Due to the high temperatures over the past week, the Advisors were unable to begin inspections within this section. This section includes the town homes on Magellan Square and Coronado Terrace. In an effort to maintain Brambleton as one of the most architecturally pleasing and best maintained communities in the area, comprehensive exterior inspections of homes and lots are ongoing throughout the year. These inspections are done by section and note all exterior modifications on residential lots. Included as part of the comprehensive inspections is confirmation that proper documentation, such as an approved application, is on file with the Association. All inspections are performed by members of BCA staff. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during these inspections. In accordance with the Association’s enforcement policies, notice will be sent to provide time to correct items noted to be in violation of Brambleton’s governing documents or policies. Please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or to report a concern.Landscape Bed Maintenance
– The Covenants Advisors are currently conducting annual inspections on landscape beds to ensure that they are in compliance with the Property Maintenance Standard
. Turf areas and mulched landscape beds are to be kept as weed-free as reasonable. At no time shall weed cover exceed more than twenty-five percent (25%) of the total turf area or 10% of mulched areas. Mulching landscape beds is one of the best defenses in preventing weeds from growing out of control. A major summer-annual grass in landscape beds is large crabgrass. Smooth crabgrass is primarily a turf weed; more information and tips on how to best handle this common problem can be found here
. Please contact the Covenants
team with any questions or to report a concern.