September 23, 2016
BCA Call for Candidates - BCA has one Board seat opening up this fall and is calling for good candidates who want to make a difference. The commitment is a 3-year term, with meetings every other month. If you have an interest in running for the position or have questions, please contact Rick Stone at email@example.com. Click here for the 2016 Nominating Petition and to see the 2016 Election Calendar.
Brambleton Votes! - Brambleton encourages eligible residents to vote and to be engaged in the upcoming national, state, and local election process. The deadline to register to vote in this year's General Election is October 17th.
- There will be several opportunities over the next month for residents to register in person - without having to leave the neighborhood - including Fall Fest on October 8th and DMV2GO on October 14th.
- Residents may also register at any DMV location, or at the Loudoun County Satellite Office Sterling on September 29th or October 3rd.
- Eligible residents may also register to vote online.
- Click here to see opportunities for getting involved in the election process. Students can get involved, too! Click here to find out how.
Development Activity Update
Blasting in Brambleton - As a developing community, construction activities are occurring throughout Brambleton on a daily basis. Blasting is one of these activities; current activity is south of the Town Center. As this is a large site, it will take several weeks to complete blasting activities. This first round is for the first phase of development. Crews typically prepare the site for blast in the morning or early afternoon hours and will typically perform the blast mid-afternoon.
Brambleton’s Developer Continues to Perform Bond Release Activity Throughout the Community - Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 9/26/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
Fall Community Yard Sale - October 1st. Sign up today for your space at the Community Center, or add your address to the list of participating homes. Registration closes on Monday, September 26th.
Safe Sitter Course - October 2nd, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, at the Community Center. This course is designed for 11-14 year olds and includes topics like behavior management, CPR and First Aid, and more. Registration closes tomorrow, so sign up now!All Things Fall Fest - October 8th, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Join us at the Town Center for this annual tradition, featuring kids' rides, food trucks, local artisans, live music, Chili Cook-Off, Cornhole Challenge, and more! Get details here.
Fall Programming in Session
- Winner Winner, Chili Dinner! Enter to win this year's Chili Cook-Off for a chance to win some great prizes. Registration closes October 5th. Click here to enter today!
- New This Year: Car & Bike Show! - All makes, models, and years welcome. Registration required. Sign up now through October 3rd.
- Marketplace Vendors - Calling all crafters, artisans, and businesses! Reserve your spot now to get your services or unique, handmade creations in front of your neighbors. Sign up here.
- Volunteers Needed - The success of our events depends on its volunteers. We'd love to have you join us for a couple hours. Plus, volunteering is your only way of getting your hands on one of our sweet, sweet event t-shirts! Sign up now!
- Visit our website
to see everything that's being offered this fall!
- Check out our newest program: Photography Classes by local photographer Jessica Monte! This 3-week class starts October 4th and is open to photography enthusiasts of all levels! Class size is very limited, so sign up today!
Be a Part of the Girl Scout Journey With Your Daughter! - October 4th, 7:00 PM, at Legacy Elementary School. Legacy Elementary, Creighton's Corner Elementary, and Madison Trust Elementary communities, join us at our Troop Information Night! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
Townhall Discussion: Building Relationships With Our Local Authorities - October 5th, 6:30 PM, at Tuscarora High School. The Community Engagement Coalition will host a panel discussion including Loudoun County Board of Supervisors Chair Phyllis Randall and Loudoun County Sheriff Michael Chapman, among others. Click here for more information.
Proactive Lighting Inspections – BCA staff performs proactive inspections on a quarterly basis to ensure the proper operation of lighting fixtures that were designed to operate automatically. The fixtures that meet this criteria vary by builder and style of home and may include carriage lamps, garage light fixtures, pendant light fixtures, and up-lighting located within landscaping. Residents are responsible to ensure the daily operation of all such automatic lighting fixtures. Please take a moment to assure that all of these lights on your property are operating properly, coming on at dusk and turning off at sunrise. Note that if not operational, it may be the light bulb, a tripped GFI, or the sensor that is causing the problem. Because of the hazards of shock and electrical failure, please use caution when performing your own electrical maintenance or repairs. Consulting with your neighbors or a licensed electrician may be your best resource for resolution. If you are within the warranty period provided by your builder or need information regarding replacement elements for your fixture, please consult with your builder's warranty contact. The Covenants Advisors are happy to answer any questions by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-542-6263.
Stay Fit & Healthy in Brambleton - This Sunday when you head out to the Farmers’ Market, remember there’s 9:00 AM Yoga in the Park (this is the last week), and also 9:15 AM & 10:00 AM Family Shop Rides sponsored by Bicycle Outfitters.