September 30, 2016
BCA Call for Candidates: Nominating Petitions Due by 5:00 PM on 10/14 - BCA has one Board seat opening up this fall and is calling for residents in good standing who want to make a difference in the community to run for the open position.
- The responsibilities of a Board member are outlined in the Association's Bylaws. The commitment is a 3-year term; currently, meetings are held in the morning every other month.
- If you have an interest in running for the position, complete and submit the Nominating Petition form by the deadline of 5:00 PM EST on 10/14/16. Click here for the 2016 Nominating Petition and to see the 2016 Election Calendar.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Rick Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brambleton Votes! - Brambleton encourages eligible residents to vote and to be engaged in the upcoming national, state, and local election process. The deadline to register to vote in this year's General Election is October 17th.
Verizon FiOS Remote Swap Program
- Register in person without having to leave the neighborhood at Fall Fest on October 8th and DMV2GO on October 14th.
- Residents may also register at any DMV location, or at the Loudoun County Satellite Office Sterling on October 3rd.
- Eligible residents may also register to vote online.
- Click here to see opportunities for getting involved in the election process. Students can get involved, too! Click here to find out how.
- If you have a Verizon FIOS remote that is no longer working properly, you are welcome to swap it out for a new remote at the BCA office during office hours. We have a very limited number of new remotes on hand, which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis during office hours. Residents are required to present their non-working remote at the BCA Office in order to receive a new device. Only one new remote will be issued per Brambleton address.
Due to the very limited number available, we will be unable to honor requests for holds. We will continue to work with Verizon to maintain a supply. Contact email@example.com
with any questions.
Development Activity Update
Blasting in Brambleton - As a developing community, construction activities are occurring throughout Brambleton on a daily basis. Blasting is one of these activities; current activity is south of the Town Center. As this is a large site, it will take several weeks to complete blasting activities. This first round is for the first phase of development. Crews typically prepare the site for blast in the morning or early afternoon hours and will typically perform the blast mid-afternoon.
Brambleton’s Developer Continues to Perform Bond Release Activity Throughout the Community - Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 10/3/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
Fall Yard Sale Postponed - Due to inclement weather, the Fall Yard Sale has been postponed to October 15th. The good news is that there's more time to sign up!
All Things Fall Fest - October 8th, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Join us at the Town Center for this annual tradition, featuring kids' rides, food trucks, local artisans, live music, Chili Cook-Off, Cornhole Challenge, and more! Get details here.
Call for Books!
- Winner Winner, Chili Dinner! Enter to win this year's Chili Cook-Off for a chance to win some great prizes. Registration closes October 5th. Click here to enter today!
- New This Year: Car & Bike Show! - All makes, models, and years welcome. Registration required. Sign up now through October 3rd.
- Volunteers Needed - The success of our events depends on its volunteers. We'd love to have you join us for a couple hours. Plus, volunteering is your only way of getting your hands on one of our sweet, sweet event t-shirts! Sign up now!
- Our Little Free Library book supply has dwindled over the past year. If you'd like to free up some space on your bookshelves at home, we would love to help you! Please feel free to drop off any gently used books (or maybe any books that you've borrowed from one of the Library stations and forgotten to return?) at the Community Center on October 15th during the Fall Yard Sale
, or anytime at the BCA Management Office. While we're very grateful for any books you would like to donate, we could really use children's books at this time. Thank you!2016 Triple Crown Finishers
– With one more event in the Race Brambleton
series, check out who is a race away and who has already earned the 2016 Triple Crown Finisher
medal! The last race is Lace Up for Learning 5k
, scheduled for November 12th, so don't delay and register today
! Look for the Race Brambleton tent after you cross the finish line to pick up your "brag swag". Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Be a Part of the Girl Scout Journey With Your Daughter! - October 4th, 7:00 PM, at Legacy Elementary School. Legacy Elementary, Creighton's Corner Elementary, and Madison Trust Elementary communities, join us at our Troop Information Night! Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Townhall Discussion: Building Relationships With Our Local Authorities - October 5th, 6:30 PM, at Tuscarora High School. The Community Engagement Coalition will host a panel discussion including Loudoun County Board of Supervisors Chair Phyllis Randall and Loudoun County Sheriff Michael Chapman, among others. Click here for more information.
Last Chance to Register for the Step Sisters' Scramble Golf Tournament - October 6th at the Golf Club at Lansdowne. Registration includes golf, breakfast, lunch, unlimited beverage stations, and great prizes, including the chance to win a BMW in our hole-in-one contest! Take the day, grab some friends, and join us for a great day of golf! Online registration ends soon. Find out more at www.stepsistersscramble.com!
Be Part of a Lifesaving Journey and Donate Blood - October 15th, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Community Center. Girl Scout Troop 2477 is hosting a blood drive in partnership with BCA. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and use sponsor code: Girl Scout Troop 2477 to schedule an appointment.
Parking - Some of the most frequent inquiries we receive are about parking within the community. With regard to parking, the Brambleton Community Association require compliance with Loudoun County ordinances, which state in part:
- Vehicles must be parked so as not to obstruct other parking spaces, sidewalks, or ingress and egress areas.
- Vehicles may not park directly in front of or in any such manner which obstructs access to or from a public or private driveway; on the roadway side of any vehicle parked at the edge or the curb of a street (double parking); or on the left edge of the roadway facing traffic; (parking in the wrong direction).
- At any place where official signs prohibit parking; including the apron of driveways with marked fire lanes.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office has the authority to enforce these ordinances within Brambleton, and residents with concerns are encouraged to report them to the non-emergency number at 703-777-1021 or to report them online here. The Covenants Advisors are happy to answer any questions by contacting email@example.com or 703-542-6263.