November 11, 2016
Plan to Attend the BCA Annual Meeting - November 15th, 7:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. The Annual Meeting Notice, which included the 2017 Assessments and Budget Summary, was mailed to owners on October 26th.
- The online election period for the 2016 Board of Directors Election closes TODAY at 5:00 PM EST. REGISTER TO VOTE here. Home owners who are unable to vote online may submit a completed proxy to the BCA Management Office by 5:00 PM today or vote in person at the meeting. For more information, and to view candidate profiles, visit our website.
- Your presence at the Annual Meeting, either in person or by proxy, is important. A quorum of at least ten percent (10%) of eligible owners is needed before any business can be conducted. Your online vote counts toward quorum.
Brambleton Race Traffic on Saturday, November 12th – Please be advised that community trails, some residential streets, and streets within the Town Center will be in use for the Lace Up for Learning 5k race course between 8:30 AM and 9:45 AM. Police and course marshals will be stationed along the race route to guide traffic, but please plan extra time in the morning to get to any scheduled activities, as traffic may be slowed to allow runners to pass by. Safety is a primary concern for everyone. Thank you for your cooperation! Click here to view a map of the course.
Brambleton’s Developer Continues to Perform Bond Release Activity Throughout the Community - Unless otherwise specified, work may include asphalt repair, concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. In addition to the ongoing development in the community, for the week of 11/14/16, bond release activity may occur in the following sections (see site map for locations):
Triple Crown Finisher Medal - If you've already completed two races in the Race Brambleton series and are signed up to participate in the Lace Up for Learning 5k tomorrow, November 12th, you qualify to earn a Triple Crown Finisher medal, sponsored by the Brambleton Group! Stop by the Race Brambleton tent after you cross the finish line for your “brag swag”.
Card Collection for Military - Through November 27th. For the second year, we're collecting blank, stamped cards for the brave men and women serving our armed forces. These blank cards will be donated to several military facilities and hospitals to make it a little easier for our soldiers and veterans to send their holiday wishes to their loved ones. Cards can be dropped in the red mailbox in the lobby of the Welcome Center. Click here for more information and guidelines.
Brambleton Kids Care Turkey Trail Trot & Food Drive – November 24th, 9:00 AM. Looking to burn some calories before feasting on turkey, potatoes, and pie? Join Brambleton Kids Care for an informal Turkey Trail Trot through the community. Meet at the Corner Clubhouse for the 2-ish mile walk/jog/run on the trails (feel free to do the loop twice for extra mileage). There is no fee to participate; however, we ask that you bring canned donations to benefit Loudoun Hunger Relief. To register and for more information, visit the Brambleton Kids Care web page.
Save the Date: Kids Craft Day - December 4th, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM. BCA and Brambleton Kids Care invite you to join us in making no-sew blankets to be donated to INOVA Children's Hospital. $20 for the first blanket kit, $15 for each additional kit. Sign up here!
Help Make a Child's Holiday Bright! - The Salvation Army Angel Tree is coming back to Brambleton! Stop by the Welcome Center between November 14th and December 7th to take a gift tag from the tree, and then return with your new, unwrapped gifts. Click here for more information. Thank you, Brambleton, for your generosity!
"Scouting for Food" Drive - Cub Scout Pack 1500 Brambleton is conducting a food drive throughout the community. Collection bags with instructions enclosed were hung on front doors last Saturday (11/5). Residents may simply put any donations into the bag and leave it at the front entrance of their home tomorrow morning (11/12) to be collected by the Scouts. These donations will be delivered to the Seven Loaves food bank in Middleburg. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your support!
Family Giving Day - November 20th, 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM at Legacy Elementary School. Join Brambleton Presbyterian Church and Touching Heart to assemble 1,500 cold weather, snack, and activity bags for folks in our area. All of the items will be provided; we just need your help putting the bags together! Email email@example.com if you have questions, or check out our Facebook page to learn more.
Signage – The BCA would like to remind residents about the Design Guidelines for Temporary Signage within the community:
- Signs are to be selected, designed and located so as to provide effective communication while minimizing their visual impact on neighboring properties and the neighborhood. Placement of signs on Common Areas or rights of way is not permitted.
- Political Signs: Two (2) political signs, no larger than 2’x 2’, may be posted on a residential Lot. Signs may be posted up to 30 days prior to a pending election and must be removed within five (5) days after the election.
- Signs shall not obstruct any traffic sight lines.
- A sign displayed in a window and intended to be read from the exterior of the property must be reviewed and approved.
- The sign is to be no larger than necessary to accommodate the proposed text.
- Signs must be well constructed, with good quality materials and must be maintained in an orderly manner at all times.
- Temporary signage is allowed to be displayed on any Lot for a maximum of 35 days in any calendar year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halloween Decorations - This is a friendly reminder that the time period for displaying Halloween holiday decorations is about to come to an end. Inspections for remaining holiday decorations will commence the week of November 14, 2016. Per the Design Guidelines: Holiday decorations should be removed no later than 14 days after the holiday. Please exercise caution when removing your decorations. If you have any questions, please contact the Covenants Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com.
Design Review Meeting Scheduled for November 14, 2016
- Applications may be submitted up to 5:00 PM on November 14, 2016 in the office or in the drop box outside the office door before 9:00 AM November 14th or
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 5:00 PM November 14, 2016 (please include your property address in the subject line) or
- You can bring it to the meeting beginning at 7:00 PM.
If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or email email@example.com, or call 703-542-6263.