November 22, 2017: Thanksgiving Eve Edition
BCA Wishes You a Very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving! - The BCA Management Office will close today at 3:00 PM and remain closed Thursday, November 23rd, and Friday, November 24th. The office will reopen on Monday, November 27th at 9:00 AM.
Thanksgiving Weekend Trash & Recycling - Republic Services will be performing collection on a normal schedule on Friday, November 24th. Waste containers are to be placed curbside no later than 7:00 AM for service.
Construction Activity Ongoing - Blasting is pending in the land area recently cleared west of Belmont Ridge Road between Franklin Benjamin Terrace and Myan Gold Drive. Blasts are typically preceded by a series of short warning sounds, and steps will be taken to reduce any negative impact on residents. Please note that access through or inside active construction areas is prohibited.
Brambleton Kids Care Turkey Trail Trot & Food Drive - Tomorrow, November 23rd, 9:00 AM. Meet at the Corner Clubhouse for a 2-ish mile walk/jog/run on the trails. There is no fee to participate; however, we ask that you bring canned donations to benefit Loudoun Hunger Relief. For more information and to register, visit the Brambleton Kids Care web page.
Winter Wonderland - Saturday, December 2nd, from 1:00 to 5:00 PM, in the Brambleton Town Center. We will have roaming characters, a craft station, games, carolers, and much more! Free pictures with Santa as well, provided that you bring your own camera. For more information, please visit our event page.
Cards for Soldiers - BCA is collecting cards for soldiers that will be donated to the local VA Hospitals. The cards are made available to the soldiers to send off to their loved ones. Donations need to be blank cards, stamped, unsealed, no glitter, and if possible, tied in bundles of three. You can drop your donation in the Santa Mailbox in the Welcome Center until Sunday, November 26th. Please visit our website for more information.
American Red Cross Blood Drive - Girl Scout Troop 2477 and Brambleton Community Association are sponsoring an American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Brambleton Corner Clubhouse on Saturday, December 16th, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org and search sponsor "Girl Scout Troop 2477" to schedule an appointment.
Holiday Wish List - Rappaport Management Company is partnering with Mobile Hope of Loudoun to collect Holiday Wish List items during this year’s Winter Wonderland event on Saturday, December 2nd. There will be a box for cash donations as well. The donation list can be found here, and more information will be posted on Rappaport’s Facebook page.
Do You Own a Portable Basketball Hoop? - Recent inspections have noted that several basketball hoop bases are being weighted down with improper materials and are not being stored in the proper location. Please review the guidelines for placement and stabilization. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
TALK OF THE TOWN CENTER
The Brambleton Group - The Brambleton Group announces its first-ever New Homes Special Offer! The first 20 buyers who purchase a new home (new, non-contingent contracts only) in Brambleton through Sunday, December 3rd, will receive a $2,000 Amazon gift card. See a builder sales rep for details.
Salvation Army Angel Tree - If you wish to participate in buying gifts for local children in need this holiday, please stop by the Welcome Center to pick up an angel tag from the Salvation Army Angel Tree. Please note that the gifts are due back to Brambleton by Tuesday, December 5th.
Small Business Saturday - Celebrate Small Business Saturday on November 25th at the Brambleton Town Center. Here are some stores participating with special offers:
- Go Bananas - Shop on Small Business Saturday to receive 10% off Legos priced $39.99 or higher (cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon).
- Misguided Angels - Shop with us on Small Business Saturday to receive a free gift with purchase as well as a special discount!
- Bicycle Outfitters - We are leading a calorie burner ride and tour of Lost Rhino Brewery in Ashburn. Meet at 11:30 AM in front of Bicycle Outfitters. Helmets required. Bring water and bike lock. Tours are $8 per person. Total mileage is approximately 17 miles roundtrip.
Christmas Trees - The Suzanne Eaton Christmas Tree Stand will return to the Town Center on Friday, November 24th, with fresh cut quality Christmas trees, wreaths & garland. Find the tree stand at the corner of Emberbrook Circle and Olympia Dr. Follow them on Facebook for more details.
COUNTY CORNERLCSO Holiday Safety Tips
- As the holiday season approaches, the Sheriff’s Office is asking for your assistance. There is an increase in package larcenies from door steps. Planning ahead can help to limit thefts from occurring. Consider some of the alternative delivery methods below:
- Use in store delivery and pick up at the store, request that your package be delivered to the Post Office, or if possible, have packages delivered to your place of work.
- Utilize package delivery points such as Amazon Locker, UPS, or other similar service providers.
- Track your package and have someone home the day of delivery, or
- Request a friend to collect your package if you will not be at home.
Contact the Sheriff’s Office if you observe suspicious behavior, such as a vehicle following a delivery truck or a vehicle collecting boxes. Report emergencies to 911. To report non-urgent matters, use the online service at sheriff.loudoun.gov
or the 24/7 non-emergency line at (703) 777-1021.Santa’s Holiday Coalition Run - The Arcola Volunteer Fire Department, on behalf of the Loudoun Holiday Coalition, will be collecting items for those less fortunate this holiday season on Sunday, December 3rd. Brambleton is partnering with Arcola VFD to provide special SANTA STOPS where you can personally give Santa your donation. Visit our event page for more information.
Winter Registration is Underway!
- Stay active all winter long with Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services. Pick up your winter Activity Guide at PRCS center and park offices, PRCS Administration and county libraries, or view online
. Winter classes run Friday, December 1st, 2017, through Wednesday, February 28th, 2018.MARK YOUR CALENDARSTuesday, November 28th
Finance Committee Meeting, 7:30 PM - BCA Management Office