Severe High Wind Advisory
Due to severe high winds forecasted for this evening and for most of the day tomorrow, Brambleton residents are urged to consider taking the following actions:
- With 50-60 mph winds forecasted, consider waiting for next week’s collection days if your containers are less than half full. This will reduce the potential for wind-blown trash throughout the community.
- If you need collection services, do not place trash or recyclables out this evening in an effort to reduce wind-blown debris. Place containers outside in the morning before 7:00 AM.
- Break down boxes and crush plastic jugs to reduce the potential of wind-blown recyclable materials in case your container tips over in the wind.
- If your container is blown over and debris gets loose, make a neighborly attempt to collect blown debris.
- Fully secure personal property objects in yards and on patios, balconies, and decks that may be impacted by high winds.
- Make best efforts to retrieve your empty containers shortly after collection to prevent damage from wind-blown containers.
- Consider parking vehicles within garages to avoid damage from wind-blown items.
BCA staff will be continuously monitoring the impact to the community. You may report concerns for damage to Association facilities or Common Areas here or to 703-542-6263.
Utility and emergency contacts can be found here. You can also subscribe to Alert Loudoun for the most up-to-date emergency and weather-related information.