VDOT Slurry Seal Application on Brambleton Streets Scheduled
VDOT will begin the next phase of its residential street asphalt maintenance starting tomorrow, July 31st. This phase will involve the spreading of slurry seal. Slurry seal is a mixture of asphalt emulsion and aggregate that is spread over the entire road surface, extending the life of the pavement. The material will be applied by a truck with a squeegee or spreader box, and the mixture must cure for several hours before streets reopen to traffic. Please use extreme caution when traveling in the work area.
Impacted Brambleton VDOT roads are:
- Regal Wood Dr.
- Legacy Park Dr.
- Courtland Park Dr.
- Olmsted Dr.
- Swallowtail Wy.
- Vickery Park Dr.
- Blue Copper Wy.
- Angel Wing Wy.
- Parkview Dr.
- Meadow Sage Dr.
- Greenside Dr.
- Stickman Dr.
- Allison Wy.
- Tucker Ln.
- Portico Pl.
- Hermitage Ct.
- Highcrest Cir.
- Ashton Woods Dr.
- Lantana Dr.
- Goldenrod Dr.
- Glenside Dr.
- Golden Plover Pl.
- Green Teal Ct.
- The work is currently scheduled to be performed from 7/31 to 8/10/2018.
- ‘No Parking’ signage is posted on streets that will be impacted.
- The contractor may arrive on site before the start time of 8:00 AM to prepare for work.
- The contractor will maintain safe traffic flow during these operations.
- Full access parking will be available after operations in the specified areas have been completed and at the end of work days.
- Loose grit will be swept upon completion if necessary.
- Equipment will be parked overnight at various onsite locations during the progression of the work.
- Permanent road markings will be replaced within 30 days of the new surface application.
- The work may be impacted by weather.
For more information, please visit the links below: