September 25, 2015
BCA Board Members Wanted: Call for Candidates - The Association has two Board seats opening up this fall and is placing a Call for Candidates for residents that are interested in running. The two board members being elected this fall both hold 3-year terms. Click here to view the Election Guidelines and calendar. To download a copy of the Nominating Petition, click here. All completed Nominating Petitions must be submitted to the BCA Management Office (42395 Ryan Road, Suite 210, Brambleton, VA 20148) and received no later than 5:00 PM on October 7th.
Development Activity Update - Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing work on Northstar Blvd. and development in the community, for the week beginning 09/28/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
Northstar Boulevard Update - Unexpected conditions have caused delays in the Northstar construction project. As soon as a new projected completion date is available, we will publish the information.
Our office works closely with the Developer’s office to include information in the Friday Flash; however, with the unpredictable pace of these activities, it is not always possible. We do serve as the liaison to the Developer’s office, so if you have questions, contact us via email or submit a request on our website.
CPR/AED Class Registration Extended - September 27th from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM at the Community Center. This class will teach adult, child and infant CPR and AED along with how to assist an adult, child or infant who is choking. You will receive your American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR/AED Course Completion Card at the end of the course. For more information and to register, please visit our website.
Fall Yard Sale: Registration Closes Soon - October 3rd, 8:00 AM. Get rid of your old, outdated, unused stuff at our Fall Yard Sale. Reserve your space at the Community Center parking lot, or if you'd prefer to sell from your house, add your name and address to the yard sale neighborhood director. The last day to register is Monday, September 28th. Sign up today!
All Things Fall Fest - October 10th, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Join us at the Town Center for Brambleton's largest event of the year! There's sure to be something for everyone, including rides, moon bounces, train rides, a hay maze, food vendors, beer, wine, chili-cook off, cornhole challenge, live music, and more! Mark your calendars for this fun filled afternoon.
YA Book Club Kicks Off!
- Volunteers Still Needed: If you'd like to help make this event a huge success, we'd love to have you on board for a shift or two. Volunteers get a free event t-shirt, admission wristbands, and food and beverage vouchers. Click here to sign up today!
- Show off your cooking skills and enter the annual Chili Cook-Off. You could win a $100 gift card. Click here for more details and to register.
- Costume Drive: Brambleton Presbyterian Church is collecting new Halloween costumes for children living in two local homeless shelters. Volunteers will be at the hay maze entrance to collect donations and deliver them to local children who wouldn't be able to trick-or-treat or enjoy school costume parades otherwise
- October 20th at 6:30 PM. Join us for the inaugural book club meeting for Young Adults at the Community Center
. The BCA office will have a limited number of copies available. Stop by today!Save the Date: Brambleton's FIRST Poker Run!
: October 24th, 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM. This is not a run or a race. It's a fun adults' night out! Collect a playing card, drink, and appetizer at 5 different locations throughout the Town Center. Winners from each group will win a Bram Prize Pack. The person with the best hand at the end of the night wins a $100 gift card. Cost is $30/person. Must be 21 or over. For more information and to sign up, click here
Arcola Volunteer Fire Department's 2nd Annual Poker Run - Saturday, October 3rd at 9:30 AM. Win prices and support a good cause! The motorcycle-friendly route starts at Arcola's Annex and stops at several of our Fire/Rescue departments. Registration is $25/person. Rain date is Sunday, October 4th. For more information, check out our website.
Get Tee’d Off About Breast Cancer! - October 8th. Kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month by joining the Step Sisters for their 4th annual golf tournament at the Golf Club at Lansdowne! The Step Sisters’ Scramble will begin at 9:00 AM and includes breakfast, cart and green fees, post-tournament luncheon, and unlimited beverage stations! Space is filling up quickly! For more information, sponsorship opportunities, or to register, please visit www.stepsistersscramble.com.
Playing by the Rules
- Some of the most frequent inquiries we receive are about parking within the community. With regard to parking, the rules of the Brambleton Community Association require compliance with county ordinances, which state in part:
- Vehicles must be parked so as not to obstruct other parking spaces, sidewalks, or ingress and egress areas.
- Vehicles may not park directly in front of or in any such manner which obstructs access to or from a public or private driveway; on the roadway side of any vehicle parked at the edge or the curb of a street (double parking); or on the left edge of the roadway facing traffic; (parking in the wrong direction).
- At any place where official signs prohibit parking; including the apron of driveways with marked fire lanes.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office has the authority to enforce these ordinances within Brambleton, and residents with concerns are encouraged to report them to the non-emergency number at 703-777-1021 or to report them online here
. Pet Nuisance
- With cooler temperatures, pet owners are opening windows and leaving pets outside to enjoy the nice weather. Our office has recently had an increase in concerns regarding dogs causing a barking disturbance. As stated in the Declaration for Brambleton, Policy Resolution # 7
, the following shall be grounds for complaint and finding of a community nuisance:
- Pets making or causing noises of sufficient volume to interfere with other residents' rest or peaceful enjoyment of the property.
Please be mindful of your neighbors, and do not allow your pet to bark for an extended period of time. Residents are also welcome to report these types of concerns to Loudoun County Animal Control at 703-777-0406. Highlight on Design Guidelines
- The Design Review Guidelines and a copy of the Design Review Application can be easily found on our website
. It is beneficial to review the specific guidelines pertaining to your planned modification, as well as to see if a modification needs review and approval from the Covenants Committee. Putting greens in back yards have become popular in recent years. If you desire this modification, please note before getting designs and estimates, that the use of artificial turf is prohibited. If you have any questions regarding what is permitted in your section please contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703-542-6263.Design Review
- The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM. ***Note that this is the first Monday, not the second, in observance of the holiday. Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, September 30, so they may be reviewed for accuracy. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on October 5, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at email@example.com
, or call 703-542-6263.