October 23, 2015
Save the Date: 2015 Annual Meeting – November 17th, 7:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. The purpose of this year's Annual Meeting is to elect two new Directors to the BCA Board, share Association and community information to the membership, and to provide an opportunity after the meeting for residents to ask specific questions of the Association. The candidates running for the two Board positions are Shyam Bommakanti, Avinash R. Kota, Joe Parker, Ram Venkat, and Brian Viola. More information about the Annual Meeting and the Election Calendar can be found here.
Development Activity Update – Brambleton’s developer continues to perform bond release in the sections noted below. Work may include asphalt repair; concrete marking, break and repair; marking, or digging and installation of street lights. Work typically begins in the early morning and is complete by the early afternoon. See the site map for the location of each section. In addition to the ongoing work on Northstar Blvd. and development in the community, for the week of 10/26/15, bond release activity is planned in the following sections:
Attending the 2015 LoCo Brewfest? Let Us Give You a Ride!
Northstar Boulevard Update – Unexpected conditions have caused delays in the Northstar construction project. As soon as a new projected completion date is available, we will publish the information.
Our office works closely with the Developer’s office to include information in the Friday Flash; however, with the unpredictable pace of these activities, it is not always possible. We do serve as the liaison to the Developer’s office, so if you have questions, contact us via email or submit a request on our website.
– We will offer free round-trip transportation on the Bram Bus for those Brambleton residents attending the 2015 LoCo Brewfest
tomorrow, October 24th, at Lost Rhino Brewing Company
. The bus will depart from Lost Rhino Retreat
every hour on the half-hour from 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that this does not include your event ticket; we are offering transportation only. To purchase your Brewfest ticket, visit www.lostrhino.com
. FREE Kids Dog Safety Class & Puppy Chat
– This Sunday, October 25th, 5:00 PM at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse. This class will help kids learn how to approach a dog, ask permission to pet another dog, and much more. Stick around for Puppy Chat if you're a new puppy owner or thinking about adopting a puppy. Sign up today!Fall Yard Sale
– Saturday, November 7th, at 8:00 AM. Reserve your space at the Community Center
parking lot, or if you'd prefer to sell from your house, add your name and address to the yard sale neighborhood directory. Sign up
today! Save the Date for Pictures with Santa!
– November 14th and 15th. Jolly St. Nick will be at the Community Center to meet and greet your little ones at one of our most popular events of the year. Registration will open on the morning of October 30th.
Film Festival Event This Saturday – October 24th at 1:00 PM. Looking for something fun to do this weekend with the whole family? Check out this Washington West Film Festival Short Film Event at the Gum Springs Library, featuring selections by young filmmakers from Northern VA. For more information, call 571-258-3838.
Stone Hill Trunk-or-Treat – Don't miss out! The SHM SGA is hosting a totally free, totally spook-tacular Trunk-or-Treat on Friday, October 30th, from 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM. Bring your kiddos out for an evening of fun and CANDY! Click here if you'd like to volunteer or donate to the event. The SGA will give away a very special prize to the two volunteers with the scariest trunks!
If You're Thankful and You Know It and You Really Want to Show It – Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. The Loudoun Soccer 2001 Boys Red Team is thankful for all that they have and want to give back to the greater Loudoun community! The Team, on behalf of Loudoun Interfaith Relief Inc, will conduct a Thanksgiving Food Drive through Monday, November 2nd. Please consider filling a grocery bag with stuffing, boxed potatoes, canned goods, gravy, cranberry sauce, and a grocery store gift card and dropping that bag off at the Brambleton Welcome Center or BCA Management office at the Brambleton Town Center. All donated goods will be collected by the Team and delivered to Loudoun Interfaith Relief in time to be distributed for Thanksgiving. Thank you!
– With cooler temperatures, pet owners are opening windows and leaving pets outside to enjoy the nice weather. Our office has recently had an increase in concerns regarding dogs causing a barking disturbance. As stated in the Declaration for Brambleton, Policy Resolution # 7
, the following shall be grounds for complaint and finding of a community nuisance:
- Pets making or causing noises of sufficient volume to interfere with other residents' rest or peaceful enjoyment of the property.
Please be mindful of your neighbors, and do not allow your pet to bark for an extended period of time. The policy resolution outlines the recommended method to address resolving pet concerns with neighbors. Residents that desire intervention by the Association should submit their concerns in writing to email@example.com
. Residents are welcome to also report these types of concerns to Loudoun County Animal Control at 703-777-0406. Design Review
– The next meeting for Design Review will be Monday, November 9, 2015 at 7:00 PM. Applications will be reviewed for accuracy if submitted by November 4, 2015. Applications will be accepted in the office up to 4:00 PM on November 9, 2015 but may not be reviewed for accuracy and completion prior to the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website
or contact Elizabeth Stulga at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 703-542-6263.