September 13, 2019
Neighborhood Campout - Join us this weekend on September 14-15 for our annual Neighborhood Campout! We will have games, a moon bounce, a movie, fire pits, and more! Online registration has closed, but you can register in person for a tent site and activity wristbands tomorrow starting at 2 PM at the Legacy Park tennis courts (credit card only).
BCA Board Approves Budget for Morning Walk Park (Park 3) Enhancements - Several new amenities and play equipment are planned for Morning Walk Park located off of Morning Walk Drive in Section 18. The Association plans to install additional equipment (2-5 y.o. play structure, 5-12 y.o. play structure, at-grade slides, dual zip lines), a sand volleyball court, a large play field, additional trails, native landscaping, and irrigation. The park improvements will be completed by spring 2020. The draft plan can be reviewed here.
2019 Election: A Call for BCA Board Candidates - BCA is seeking candidates for three seats on its Board that will be filled in this fall’s election. Please visit our Call for Candidates page for a Nominating Petition and the election timeline.
- Residents who have served on an Association committee or other board position or have an interest in serving the community typically make great candidates for a HOA board position. The commitment is for a three-year term.
- The Board regularly meets every even month beginning at 8:15 AM, with possible additional meetings to handle special Association business. Meetings typically last approximately two hours. The meeting time and frequency is subject to change if the new Board deems it appropriate or necessary. Specific requirements and duties for Board Members can be found in the Association’s governing documents available here.
- Residents interested in running for the Board are expected to schedule a meeting with General Manager Rick Stone to discuss the responsibilities and duties of a Board Member. If you have questions pertaining to the open Board positions or the election itself, please contact Mr. Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FirstService Residential: New Resident Portal - FirstService Residential has launched a new and improved resident portal to access your assessment account. The new site features an improved design and enhanced security, providing access to the portal anytime from any device. Homeowners will be able to make payments, check balances, and link multiple Brambleton properties under one login account. The new site is scheduled to be launched here on Monday, September 16th. For more information, visit www.brambletonhoa.com/residentportal.
BCA EVENTS & PROGRAMMINGFall Sip & Craft - Join us on Sunday, September 15th at 3 PM for Fall Sip & Craft at the Brambleton Community Center! Relax with friends while you create a chic, custom piece of home decor. No experience necessary! This event is BYOB - food and drinks. Click here for more information and to register.
Fall Yard Sale -
This year’s Fall Yard Sale will take place on Saturday, September 21st from 8 AM to 12 PM. Sell from your home or at the Community Center. Register by 9 AM on Monday, September 16th to have your home included in our distribution list. Click here
for more information and to register.
World of Food Trucks - EatLoco's last World of Food Trucks event of the year takes place on Thursday, September 26th from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at Legacy Park and Olympia Dr. Come out and enjoy a variety of local food trucks and relax with family and friends! Click here and visit www.eatloco.org/locotrucks for more information.
- Green Drop will also be at the Community Center from 11:30 AM to 2 PM collecting donations, and Yuck Old Paint will be collecting paint cans from 8 AM to 12 PM (First 100 cans collected free of charge; $5/can afterwards).
Bram Bus: Upcoming Trips -
Check out our upcoming trips on the Bram Bus! All seats are limited. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/brambus
for more information.
Fall Fest -
- Snoop Dogg & Wu Tang Clan: Friday, September 27th
- Carrie Underwood: Friday, October 4th
- Downtown Leesburg & Temple Hall Corn Maze: Saturday, October 12th (Corn maze ticket included)
- Bear Chase Brewing Company & Stone Tower Winery: Saturday, October 19th
- RENT at the National Theatre: Sunday, November 17th (Show ticket included)
This year’s Fall Fest
takes place on Saturday, October 5th from 12 to 6 PM. Come out with the whole family and enjoy rides, live music, food trucks, beer and wine, an artist marketplace, and more!
Neighborhood Block Party -
- Location: Shreveport Dr between Belmont Ridge Rd and Loudoun County Pkwy (Same location as Red White & BRAM)
- Tickets: Tickets will be sold at the gate for $10 per person with a Bram Life Pass (pool pass) and $15 per person without a pass. Entry includes unlimited rides. Entry is free for ages 2 and under.
- Volunteers: Volunteer registration is now open! Click here to sign up.
- Artists and Crafters: We are also accepting applications to participate in the Artist and Crafters Marketplace! This is a great opportunity to get your name and products in front of thousands of people. Visit the Fall Fest page for an application.
- Sponsors: Fall Fest is one of the best events to sponsor in Brambleton with attendance in the thousands. If you are interested in being a sponsor, please email email@example.com.
Brambleton’s first community-wide Neighborhood Block Party will take place on Saturday, October 19th from 4 to 11 PM! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know your neighbors better, create a greater sense of community, and build a safer neighborhood. We are looking for residents to participate as well as serve as captains/co-captains for each block party. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested in being a captain. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/blockparty
for more information, including a map of suggested block party locations.Little Hands Music - Little Hands Music is looking forward to making fun music in Brambleton this fall! Sing, dance, and play instruments around a kitchen theme - from planting seeds to washing, chopping, and cooking imaginary veggies! Register and find more information here.
COMMUNITY STANDARDSParking Considerations -
BCA regularly receives inquiries about parking in the community. Brambleton’s Board of Directors has established a vehicle policy
, and county parking ordinances
are enforced by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. We encourage residents to consider how parking impacts their neighbors, and we offer the following suggestions to be more neighborly:
- Use your garage and driveway as a first option rather than parking on the street or in open visitor spaces.
- Allow some distance when parking near a driveway. Parking too close to or opposite a driveway can make it difficult for residents to navigate around your car.
- While an overflow of guests can lead to parking up and down a street, encourage guests to use the space in front of your house first.
- Understand that you do not own the public parking spot in front of your house and it is first come, first served.
The following should be reported to LCSO for enforcement:
- Parking across sidewalks or blocking sidewalk ramps
- Parking close to stop signs, intersections, or fire hydrants
- Expired tags/inspection stickers, illegal parking, and abandoned or suspicious vehicles
The LCSO non-emergency number is 703-777-1021. Contact email@example.com
if you have questions or need more information.Do You Own a Portable Basketball Hoop? -
Recent inspections have noted that several basketball hoop bases are being weighted down with improper material and are not being stored in the proper location. Please review the guidelines
for placement and stabilization. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.Signage -
BCA would like to remind residents about the Design Guidelines for Temporary Signage within the community. More information about these guidelines can be found here
. If you have any questions, please contact the Community Standards Advisors at 703-542-6263 or email@example.com
.GREATER BRAMBLETONFall Shredding Event -
Need to get rid of old paperwork? Dan Thiewes is hosting a shredding event on Saturday, September 14th from 9 AM to 12 PM at the RE/MAX Premier parking lot (44675 Cape Ct, Ashburn). Click here
for more information, including lists of acceptable and unacceptable items to shred. Visit the event Facebook page
to RSVP.Fall Native Plant Sale - Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy will host a Fall Native Plant Sale on Saturday, September 14th from 9 AM to 3 PM in Morven Park. Get free gardening advice from Virginia Master Naturalists, purchase plants and garden art, and more. Click here for more information.
Verizon Recycling Rally -
Verizon will host its annual Recycling Rally on Thursday, September 19th from 7:30 AM to 2 PM at 22020 Broderick Dr, Dulles, VA. This event is free and open to the public, and all participants will be eligible for a free giveaway. View this flyer
for a list of acceptable donation items and more information.Two by Four Race -
The third annual Two by Four Race Against Childhood & Canine Cancer
takes place on Saturday, September 28th. Join two-legged and four-legged athletes and race for a great cause! Register here
by Sunday, September 15th to guarantee your race t-shirt.Lace Up for Learning 5k -
Early bird registration rates for the 7th annual Lace Up for Learning 5k end on Wednesday, September 25th. Don’t miss the school spirit event of the year benefiting your school on Saturday, November 2nd! Run, walk, volunteer, sponsor, donate, or even Snooze for Schools (virtual race)! Visit www.LaceUpforLearning.com
to register and find more information.TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERRetro Reels Movie Club -
Watch a fun and witty whodunit classic at the next Retro Reels Movie Club meeting on Sunday, September 22nd at 1:30 PM at the Brambleton Library. Movie treats provided, and new attendees are always welcome! Visit the library's website
for more information.Costa Family and Cosmetic Dentistry -
It's not too late to enjoy free teeth whitening at Costa Dentistry! Schedule your dental cleaning today and enjoy GLO teeth whitening at no cost (new patients only). Give us a call at 703-542-7000 or visit us online at www.costasmiles.com
.COUNTY CORNERAshburn Senior Center -
Loudoun County is celebrating the start of construction for the Ashburn Senior Center
. The 15,000-square-foot facility will be located on Marblehead Dr next to Potomac Green Neighborhood Park in Ashburn. It will include a small gymnasium, pickleball courts, classrooms, a commercial kitchen, a game room, and more. Construction is estimated to be completed in spring 2021, and the center should open to the public by fall 2021. More information can be found here
.MARK YOUR CALENDARSSaturday, September 14th – Sunday, September 15hNeighborhood Campout, 1 PM to 10 AM - Legacy ParkSunday, September 15thEatLoco Brambleton Marketplace, 9 AM to 1 PM - Brambleton Plaza